The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Business School - Msc Finance & Economics

Hi

I have received an Offer from WBS for Msc in Finance and Economics.
I wanted to know the credibility of the course. I have the option of going for my Masters this year or working for another year and then applying again. My concern is the fees of the course so I want to know how good the course is. I am an Indian, did my under grad in Economics from a top institution in India with 75% agg, 322 GRE and currently working as a Research Analyst in KPMG.
Reply 1
I have an offer for MSc Finance and I'll be taking it up. I don't have a lot of information about your course in particular but from all the research I've done, WBS is a really strong brand name.

If you want to pursue masters, now is the time. Even though a lot of colleges don't have a strict policy regarding work experience, 0-1 years is the most preferred range. If you cross 2 years, you will generally be advised to work for another year and try for an MBA.

As for the cost, WBS is pretty expensive, specially if you haven't been able to secure a scholarship, but I think the pay off is really good and considering the quality of the course, the brand name and the excellent career services, I think it is worth the expense.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hi!

I recently applied to the MSc on Finance and Econ too! How long did it take for them to give a response/offer? Was it really 4-8 weeks?
Reply 3
Hi,

They do not take a lot of time to respond to the offer. You should expect to receieve a reply from them within 3-4 weeks.

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 4
Thank You!! :smile::smile:
Reply 5
Hi, just wondering, did you take up the Msc FInance course last year? really need to get in touch with someone who took the Corporate FInance IB9Y7 module at WBS, please let me know if you or anyone you know did, thanks!

Original post by shremin
I have an offer for MSc Finance and I'll be taking it up. I don't have a lot of information about your course in particular but from all the research I've done, WBS is a really strong brand name.

If you want to pursue masters, now is the time. Even though a lot of colleges don't have a strict policy regarding work experience, 0-1 years is the most preferred range. If you cross 2 years, you will generally be advised to work for another year and try for an MBA.

As for the cost, WBS is pretty expensive, specially if you haven't been able to secure a scholarship, but I think the pay off is really good and considering the quality of the course, the brand name and the excellent career services, I think it is worth the expense.
Reply 6
Original post by NIshy23
Hi, just wondering, did you take up the Msc FInance course last year? really need to get in touch with someone who took the Corporate FInance IB9Y7 module at WBS, please let me know if you or anyone you know did, thanks!

Hey I was wondering if you had any luck with finding out any information with the Corporate Finance module and also if you had any info for the Asset Pricing module?

Would really appreciate any help as I'm struggling with these 2 areas!

Thanks
Original post by hiraahamim
Hi

I have received an Offer from WBS for Msc in Finance and Economics.
I wanted to know the credibility of the course. I have the option of going for my Masters this year or working for another year and then applying again. My concern is the fees of the course so I want to know how good the course is. I am an Indian, did my under grad in Economics from a top institution in India with 75% agg, 322 GRE and currently working as a Research Analyst in KPMG.

Hi, I was just wondering if you accepted the offer for MSc Finance and Economics. If you did, can you share some insights from your experience?
I have applied for the same program this year. Currently waiting to get a response. I would love to know more about the program from someone who's experienced it first hand.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest