The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thomson2013
With Madeleine McCann's parents now back in the news over a suing involving an ex-police chief involving £427000 of fines (Including interest) the whole conspiracy and story behind the case is back in my mind.

So I've opened up this topic to hear your guys opinions of the matter, as a student of Law myself it would be interesting to read your opinions and add them into my blog.

Over £400,000?!!! At least that will cover putting their remaining kids in a crèche whenever they go out drinking a fair few times.... Oh wait....
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I'm not assuming anything, I'm being devils advocate, you two are refusing the possibility of them being involved, despite them being a suspect at one point.

I didn't have any suspicions before the appearance of certain pieces of evidence, but suspicions are less than a presumption.

It is irrational and naive to ignore evidence and then count the lack of evidence as a sign of innocence.

Stop making things up. I am not ignoring the Dog. I have written multiple times about it.

However, there are multiple things that contradict what the Dog is saying.

You are choosing to ignore those and still claim that it is "irrational" to ignore what the Dog is saying in the face of other evidence.
Original post by Birkenhead
You clearly don't know what you're talking about and have deeply sinister intentions for how justice should be carried out.

this is so true. people watch several episodes of CSI and Holby City then top up this learning with some nonsense off the David Icke website and voila they are experts in criminology.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Stop making things up. I am not ignoring the Dog. I have written multiple times about it.

However, there are multiple things that contradict what the Dog is saying.

You are choosing to ignore those and still claim that it is "irrational" to ignore what the Dog is saying in the face of other evidence.

There is no contradicting evidence. There is no conclusion to be made.

I've just read through all your comments, none of your statements contain any contradictory evidence. You've just gone in circles about the car being hired 25 days after.

Dog's can't speak. I'm not making anything up, I've stated my suspicions only to be deliberately misconstrued.

The lack of supporting evidence is not evidence to the contrary. I haven't ignored anything, you haven't posted any evidence at all, in favour of any conclusion.

Sorry but it is.

If someone claims I killed OJs wife, the fact there is no evidence I did it, is evidence I didn't do it.

The same way, the fact, that there is no forensic evidence that a murder took place is evidence that a murder did not take place in the apartment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by the bear
this is so true. people watch several episodes of CSI and Holby City then top up this learning with some nonsense off the David Icke website and voila they are experts in criminology.

Oh great, yet more ridiculing from the genius himself. Why do the McCann deserve your sycophantic wound licking when other, more recent cases do not?

Sorry but it is.

If someone claims I killed OJs wife, the fact there is no evidence I did it, is evidence I didn't do it.

The same way, the fact, that there is no forensic evidence that a murder took place is evidence that a murder did not take place in the apartment.

What I meant was, there is no contradicting evidence to support another event taking place.

For them to be innocent, a kidnapper would have had to be involved, or she would of been sighted wandering the streets at night, on her own.

Obviously if there was nothing found at all then everyone would have to admit that no one was guilty.
(edited 8 years ago)
1. 6pm she was seen

2. When did they report her missing?

3. Who saw them in between these two times?

4. What could they have done in between without anyone seeing including the other kids?

5. In that time where did they manage to hide the body so well? I strongly assume post telling true police they would have little opportunity to hide it well before a search was undertaken.

If someone can provide answers to this and they show they did in fact have time to kill her and get rid of her, then maybe I could believe they were involved.

Til then I will just view them as pathetic parents who tightly feel guilt and shame for leaving their infant kids alone in a hotel room. If you become a parent there are certain responsibilities, certain things you just can't do anymore. Why do babysitters exist, people can just leave kids at home right? ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SarcasticMel
1. 6pm she was seen

2. When did they report her missing?

3. Who saw them in between these two times?

4. What could they have done in between without anyone seeing including the other kids?

5. In that time where did they manage to hide the body so well? I strongly assume post telling true police they would have little opportunity to hide it well before a search was undertaken.

If someone can provide answers to this and they show they did in fact have time to kill her and get rid of her, then maybe I could believe they were involved.

Til then I will just view them as pathetic parents who tightly feel guilt and shame for leaving their infant kids alone in a hotel room. If you become a parent there are certain responsibilities, certain things you just can't do anymore. Why do babysitters exist, people can just leave kids at home right? ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

if they were inadequate parents their remaining children would have been confiscated by the authorities.
they just made a tragic misjudgement... they were having dinner just an olive's throw from their apartment; it is not as if they had gone off to a disco on the other side of town.

What I meant was, there is no contradicting evidence to support another event taking place.

For them to be innocent, a kidnapper would have had to be involved, or she would of been sighted wandering the streets at night, on her own.

Obviously if there was nothing found at all then everyone would have to admit that no one was guilty.

Just stop changing what you are writing. You sound like a moron.

There is evidence that there was a kidnapping took place. A child disappeared.
Just stop changing what you are writing. You sound like a moron.

There is evidence that there was a kidnapping took place. A child disappeared.

I've not changed my view on anything, either you have a poor grasp of what I was trying to say or I didn't communicate it very well.

OH WOW GREAT! how could I forget... and did this child fall into a black hole?

or did the kidnapper have time to do a quick dust before he left?

I'm finished with you muppets, all you've done is misconstrue me, ridicule me and try to guilt trip me.
Reply 110
No, it's just that it was too late to act on the case, since, he was dead. What was found, was a failure of the judicial system at that time.

From whats come out there surely must have been some sort of conspiracy to cover up what it's alleged Brittan, Janner and Smith were up to, if they didn't do it then surely there must have been some sort of conspiracy to smear them. Private Eye claimed MI5 had done just that back in 1984.
Original post by n00
From whats come out there surely must have been some sort of conspiracy to cover up what it's alleged Brittan, Janner and Smith were up to, if they didn't do it then surely there must have been some sort of conspiracy to smear them. Private Eye claimed MI5 had done just that back in 1984.

Yeah, I was talking about Savile, I don't know much about the other cases you've mentioned.
I've not changed my view on anything, either you have a poor grasp of what I was trying to say or I didn't communicate it very well.

OH WOW GREAT! how could I forget... and did this child fall into a black hole?

or did the kidnapper have time to do a quick dust before he left?

I'm finished with you muppets, all you've done is misconstrue me, ridicule me and try to guilt trip me.

A child disappeared. That is evidence that a kidnapping could have taken place. There is also witness evidence.

I would have consult a physicist but a black hole is very unlikely.
A child disappeared. That is evidence that a kidnapping could have taken place. There is also witness evidence.

I would have consult a physicist but a black hole is very unlikely.

:L I think you understand what I mean, it is evidence for a number of things, including and not limited to, she ran away, the parents got rid of her or she was kidnapped.
From what I recall, the witness statements were sketchy and didn't line up with the Mc'canns first story.

But I've had enough of this 'discussion' now.
(edited 8 years ago)
She was taken by a man.. They had witness!
in my opinion unfortunately shes long dead her parents are both doctors who had accses to sedatives and i believe they drugged the children so they could go out together over the evening in peace but what the press failed to mention untill recently was that the morning of maddies disappearance she asked her parents why they were not home the night before meaning she woke up in the night to realise her parents weren't there so as a result the parents gave her a larger dose the next evening acsedently killing the poor child they then hid the body and covered up the story. hope this opens some of your eyes either way the parents should be banged up either for murder or neglect of a child if you want a break from your kids dont ****ing take em on holiday with you.
Oh, that's a bit of a thread revival!

I was thinking about this the other day. I never really paid much attention to the whole story but decided to look in to it. The thing that seriously blew my mind is the fact that they left 3 toddlers alone in a dark apartment in a foreign country but even worse, they left a patio door unlocked, a patio door which lead on to a dark, public street. Utter madness.

I was actually sat with my 2 year old nephew today, I'd have felt uneasy not being in the same room as him, never mind leaving the house. What if one of them choked on their vomit, what if Madeleine (who was in an unsecured bed) got up, wondered around the dark room and fell and hurt herself etc? Most of all, I just can't fathom how they deemed it acceptable to leave the patio door unlocked, there's just NO justification whatsoever. How have they not been done for some sort of neglect?

Poor girl. I think we all know she probably no longer with us, I just hope her final moments ended as quickly as possible but god damn... Her ****ing parents. They didn't deserve this to happen to them but the sheer stupidity of their actions...
She was not abducted and is dead for sure. The parents have made enough money and even paid off their mortgage.

They will never tell the truth and should have been done for neglect at least. The case will never be solved and no more money should be spent on it. The parents know where she is, thats why they didnt join the search on that night.
Cold cold people and inadequate parents to say the least.

Latest

Trending

Trending