The Student Room Group

Ravensbourne application process ??

Hiya! Im planning on applying to Ravensbourne foundation for fashion and textiles in the new year - I was wondering whether you directly apply with a portfolio or whether they request one after submitting you application?? Please help !!!
Reply 1
Original post by niamhjosee
Hiya! Im planning on applying to Ravensbourne foundation for fashion and textiles in the new year - I was wondering whether you directly apply with a portfolio or whether they request one after submitting you application?? Please help !!!

Hiya, are you still planning on going to Ravensbourne? I checked my portal recently and saw that I received an offer for the same pathway!

Hi Niamh,

Apologies for jumping in late here, but If you have any lingering questions about the application process, don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly admissions team at [email protected]. We're excited to have you in the mix! 🤗

Best of luck on your academic journey!

Madeleine
Marketing, Communications & Content Administrator
Ravensbourne University London
Original post by diajia
Hiya, are you still planning on going to Ravensbourne? I checked my portal recently and saw that I received an offer for the same pathway!

Congratulations Diajia! We cant wait to welcome you into our creative community 🤗

Best of luck on your academic journey

Madeleine
Reply 4
Original post by RavensbourneRep
Congratulations Diajia! We cant wait to welcome you into our creative community 🤗
Best of luck on your academic journey
Madeleine

Thank you very much! I do have a few questions if that’s okay!

I’d really like to know if during our studies in the fashion and textiles pathway, during our free time would all of the design facilities be available to use/ if we can access rooms and the building.

Also, would our year have a fashion and textiles instagram where we could promote our work and network though there?

Finally (sorry for thee questions) would there be any opportunities that would be open to us during to course?

Thanks!
Original post by diajia
Thank you very much! I do have a few questions if that’s okay!
I’d really like to know if during our studies in the fashion and textiles pathway, during our free time would all of the design facilities be available to use/ if we can access rooms and the building.
Also, would our year have a fashion and textiles instagram where we could promote our work and network though there?
Finally (sorry for thee questions) would there be any opportunities that would be open to us during to course?
Thanks!
Hey Diajia, of course - no problem!

Please see answers to your questions in bold:

Level 8 is where the foundation course takes place so all materials on the floor are available to foundation students only. Prototyping which is located in R2, is where the 3D machine, Laser cutting, Printshop is available to all foundation students. The only places that are not available is the atelier and the photography studio, which is currently for BA students. But we have sewing machine, knit machines, dress mannequins, and pop up photography studio that are available to Foundation students.

Also, would our year have a fashion and textiles instagram where we could promote our work and network though there? We have a Instagram that is dedicated to the foundation course which is a mix of all pathways @foundation_rave

Would there be any opportunities that would be open to us during to course? We have the amazing Creative Lab who is our in house Media agency, who bring industry opportunities for all students at Ravensbourne https://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/about-us/industry-innovation-enterprise/creative-lab

Let me know if you need anything else! 😁

Best wishes,
Madeleine
Reply 6
Original post by RavensbourneRep
Hey Diajia, of course - no problem!
Please see answers to your questions in bold:

Level 8 is where the foundation course takes place so all materials on the floor are available to foundation students only. Prototyping which is located in R2, is where the 3D machine, Laser cutting, Printshop is available to all foundation students. The only places that are not available is the atelier and the photography studio, which is currently for BA students. But we have sewing machine, knit machines, dress mannequins, and pop up photography studio that are available to Foundation students.

Also, would our year have a fashion and textiles instagram where we could promote our work and network though there? We have a Instagram that is dedicated to the foundation course which is a mix of all pathways @foundation_rave

Would there be any opportunities that would be open to us during to course? We have the amazing Creative Lab who is our in house Media agency, who bring industry opportunities for all students at Ravensbourne https://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/about-us/industry-innovation-enterprise/creative-lab

Let me know if you need anything else! 😁
Best wishes,
Madeleine

Thank you very much, this was very informative!

Hiya, are you still considering going to ravensbourne? I checked my portal and realised I’d gotten an offer!

Quick Reply

Latest