Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see a thread for the C2 & C3 thread so thought I should start one! How are you guys feeling about the Thursday exam? Predictions? Good exam tips? Post them here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    Didn't see a thread for the C2 & C3 thread so thought I should start one! How are you guys feeling about the Thursday exam? Predictions? Good exam tips? Post them here!
    I am frightened out of my mind about the C2 exam I actually feel like crying that's how stressed I am.
    I need help with chapter 5 it's scaring me to death just thinking about that exam. I feel like I just started year 11 yesturday and now it's over already and I'm doing exams. Someone help meeeeeeeedd!

ReputationRep:
    I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
    -Diamond & Graphite
    -Nanoparticles
    -Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
    -Catalysts
    -Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
    -Salts
    -Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
    -Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

(Original post by Minty16)
    I am frightened out of my mind about the C2 exam I actually feel like crying that's how stressed I am.
    I need help with chapter 5 it's scaring me to death just thinking about that exam. I feel like I just started year 11 yesturday and now it's over already and I'm doing exams. Someone help meeeeeeeedd!
    Is that the salts and electrolysis questions? For this I made a little mind map, colour coded each section so that I could differentiate each bit! That helped me understand what links with what. Then I just had to memorize it If that's your main problem

ReputationRep:
    I think a titration question will most certainly appear on the C3 exam. Aswell as calculating bond energies and probably testing for ions too. Just a guess tho:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
    -Diamond & Graphite
    -Nanoparticles
    -Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
    -Catalysts
    -Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
    -Salts
    -Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
    -Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

Is that the salts and electrolysis questions? For this I made a little mind map, colour coded each section so that I could differentiate each bit! That helped me understand what links with what. Then I just had to memorize it If that's your main problem
    Thanksa lot that makes me feel much better knowing that the more simple chapters might come up!
    Yeah I think that's what's in chapter 5 we didn't get to finish studying it in school so I'm nervous about it. But thanks for your help! It's much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    what do we think for six marker on c2?????

ReputationRep:
    Was there an empirical formula question last year? I don't think it will be a 6 mark but it's usually 4 marks which is a shame because I really detest it

ReputationRep:
    yeah empirical formula is usually 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheClassicsGeek)
    Was there an empirical formula question last year? I don't think it will be a 6 mark but it's usually 4 marks which is a shame because I really detest it
    No, there hasn't been for a while, so I think there's a likely possibility of it showing up? :/

ReputationRep:
    so confused on acids, bases and salts. does anyone have any simple revision material on this?

ReputationRep:
    any key points on electrolysis because it seems soo lengthy

ReputationRep:
    A six mark question on why a simple covalent structure is a gas at room temperature but a giant covalent structure is a solid, would be absolutely beautiful. I am praying.

ReputationRep:
    What are the really key things we have to learn? Like the things that are almost definitely gonna come up?

ReputationRep:
    It's highly likely that the stuff on C2 will be recycled from 2012, since B2 today actually recycled quite a bit in the same style. I wouldn't depend on this though (and unfortunately there's no C3 2012 paper)

ReputationRep:
    I reckon possible 6 markers on C2 are:
    Soluble and Insoluble Salts
    Polymers
    Metallic Bonding

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous chemistry is my absolute worst subject, I worked for days straight on my isa and got an A* but I'm terrified I'm going to fail these exams, I literally know bonding help me 😭😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiemooney)
    I'm so nervous chemistry is my absolute worst subject, I worked for days straight on my isa and got an A* but I'm terrified I'm going to fail these exams, I literally know bonding help me 😭😭😭😭
    do you have the mygcsescience videos? they've helped me a lot so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    A six mark question on why a simple covalent structure is a gas at room temperature but a giant covalent structure is a solid, would be absolutely beautiful. I am praying.
    It wont be that cause it was on last years paper so we would be really lucky if that comes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    It wont be that cause it was on last years paper so we would be really lucky if that comes up
    That's true. Has a comparison between thermosetting and thermosoftening polymers come up as a six marker yet? Because if not, I reckon that would be quite a nice one because you would simply have to bang out the facts.

ReputationRep:
    I think the 6 marker could be to describe an experiment on rates of reaction or on making salts or on electroplating but am not sure

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.