Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see a thread for the C2 & C3 thread so thought I should start one! How are you guys feeling about the Thursday exam? Predictions? Good exam tips? Post them here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    Didn't see a thread for the C2 & C3 thread so thought I should start one! How are you guys feeling about the Thursday exam? Predictions? Good exam tips? Post them here!
    I am frightened out of my mind about the C2 exam I actually feel like crying that's how stressed I am.
    I need help with chapter 5 it's scaring me to death just thinking about that exam. I feel like I just started year 11 yesturday and now it's over already and I'm doing exams. Someone help meeeeeeeedd!

ReputationRep:
    I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
    -Diamond & Graphite
    -Nanoparticles
    -Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
    -Catalysts
    -Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
    -Salts
    -Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
    -Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

(Original post by Minty16)
    I am frightened out of my mind about the C2 exam I actually feel like crying that's how stressed I am.
    I need help with chapter 5 it's scaring me to death just thinking about that exam. I feel like I just started year 11 yesturday and now it's over already and I'm doing exams. Someone help meeeeeeeedd!
    Is that the salts and electrolysis questions? For this I made a little mind map, colour coded each section so that I could differentiate each bit! That helped me understand what links with what. Then I just had to memorize it If that's your main problem

ReputationRep:
    I think a titration question will most certainly appear on the C3 exam. Aswell as calculating bond energies and probably testing for ions too. Just a guess tho:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
    -Diamond & Graphite
    -Nanoparticles
    -Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
    -Catalysts
    -Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
    -Salts
    -Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
    -Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

Is that the salts and electrolysis questions? For this I made a little mind map, colour coded each section so that I could differentiate each bit! That helped me understand what links with what. Then I just had to memorize it If that's your main problem
    Thanksa lot that makes me feel much better knowing that the more simple chapters might come up!
    Yeah I think that's what's in chapter 5 we didn't get to finish studying it in school so I'm nervous about it. But thanks for your help! It's much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    what do we think for six marker on c2?????

ReputationRep:
    Was there an empirical formula question last year? I don't think it will be a 6 mark but it's usually 4 marks which is a shame because I really detest it

ReputationRep:
    yeah empirical formula is usually 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheClassicsGeek)
    Was there an empirical formula question last year? I don't think it will be a 6 mark but it's usually 4 marks which is a shame because I really detest it
    No, there hasn't been for a while, so I think there's a likely possibility of it showing up? :/

ReputationRep:
    so confused on acids, bases and salts. does anyone have any simple revision material on this?

ReputationRep:
    any key points on electrolysis because it seems soo lengthy

ReputationRep:
    A six mark question on why a simple covalent structure is a gas at room temperature but a giant covalent structure is a solid, would be absolutely beautiful. I am praying.

ReputationRep:
    What are the really key things we have to learn? Like the things that are almost definitely gonna come up?

ReputationRep:
    It's highly likely that the stuff on C2 will be recycled from 2012, since B2 today actually recycled quite a bit in the same style. I wouldn't depend on this though (and unfortunately there's no C3 2012 paper)

ReputationRep:
    I reckon possible 6 markers on C2 are:
    Soluble and Insoluble Salts
    Polymers
    Metallic Bonding

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous chemistry is my absolute worst subject, I worked for days straight on my isa and got an A* but I'm terrified I'm going to fail these exams, I literally know bonding help me 😭😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiemooney)
    I'm so nervous chemistry is my absolute worst subject, I worked for days straight on my isa and got an A* but I'm terrified I'm going to fail these exams, I literally know bonding help me 😭😭😭😭
    do you have the mygcsescience videos? they've helped me a lot so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    A six mark question on why a simple covalent structure is a gas at room temperature but a giant covalent structure is a solid, would be absolutely beautiful. I am praying.
    It wont be that cause it was on last years paper so we would be really lucky if that comes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    It wont be that cause it was on last years paper so we would be really lucky if that comes up
    That's true. Has a comparison between thermosetting and thermosoftening polymers come up as a six marker yet? Because if not, I reckon that would be quite a nice one because you would simply have to bang out the facts.

ReputationRep:
    I think the 6 marker could be to describe an experiment on rates of reaction or on making salts or on electroplating but am not sure

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.