The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? 2015 A-level exam epic discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sophieec98
I chose the Teleological argument, and Aristotle because the other two were just big no's haha xD How about you?

Teleological which I quite liked and then Kant.
For teleological did you about half explaining what it was and the half Hume's criticisms? Or did you write more for one of them?
Original post by lucyx
Teleological which I quite liked and then Kant.
For teleological did you about half explaining what it was and the half Hume's criticisms? Or did you write more for one of them?

I wrote more explaining it because Hume was the major part in B and I didn't want to keep repeating myself, but i'm not sure whether that was a really bad idea and I should have just repeated :/
English Literature...horrible :'(
Original post by Danny.L
That was awful. That response ""what and how will you eat in the future" 40 makrs for that. Are the examiners f**king mad? What sort of BS is that!?

Yes agree
Reply 44
Sociology Unit 1 and health and social care AS was mint :biggrin: but economics unit 1 was confusing and harder than the past papers we did especially context 2 :s-smilie: but philosophy and ethics unit 1 went OK. :smile:
I'm smarter than all of you I got 76/75 in the maths C1 exam paper cause I'm an absolute don and you guys can't do that LOL
Original post by Nirgilis
So, in order to keep the sentiment thread clear of discussion, use this thread to discuss how your exams went! :biggrin:

I've had 3 exams so far: Film Studies (WJEC), Sociology Unit 1 (AQA) and Psychology: Psychological investigations (OCR). (All AS Levels)

Film Studies went okay I guess, our whole class planned questions for each section the day before and the exact one we planned for section C came up :smile: Didn't write enough for section B, unfortunately.

Sociology, well... I finished the paper. That in itself was a miracle for me since in the mock I only did one of the essay questions.

Psychology was the easiest one. We get a paper purely on research methods, which is a complete gift compared to AQA which I did last year (and only got an E in :frown:)

I have 2 last exams this week: Sociology Unit 2 on Thursday and Psychology Core Studies on Monday. I'm so scared that I will fail again :cry2:
Here's the exam sentiment for last week! :woo: :bl:

Looking good everyone! Good luck for this week :dumbells: I'm sure everyone will smash it!

Don't forget to update the sentiment thread here!

Puddles

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Hiya Guys!
Today I had AQA Business studies and myself and other class mates found it really difficult!
Just wondering if that was the general view or whether it was just us.
Cheers :smile:
c1 maths!!!!!!!!!!
was quite good
kinda messed up Q10(b)
still hoping for an A
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Looking good everyone! Good luck for this week :dumbells: I'm sure everyone will smash it!

Puddles

Spoiler

Not bad fore the first full week of exams :biggrin: Well done everyone - keep it up!
same, I messed dat up bt hoping for an A
I think I can potentially get an A in Psychology but the exam wasn't nice :cry2:

Puddles

Spoiler

Cool idea, but is it possible if you do that for each exam? that would be so useful. Like Geography AQA, so we could see how people thought overall of that particular exam.
Original post by Velocity_
Cool idea, but is it possible if you do that for each exam? that would be so useful. Like Geography AQA, so we could see how people thought overall of that particular exam.

This idea has been proposed, and I agree it would be awesome :beard: I don't know if we can do that at the moment though as we just don't have enough people posting for each exam so the data would be somehwhat meaningless. That's why I've decided to do it week by week :smile:

It's definitely something to work towards though :biggrin: :bl:
Original post by LoobyLou12
Hiya Guys!
Today I had AQA Business studies and myself and other class mates found it really difficult!
Just wondering if that was the general view or whether it was just us.
Cheers :smile:

Most of the people I know, including myself, thought it was an alright exam.

Nearly everyone (again including myself) will get 0 marks on the calculation question. I thought the longer answer questions were fairly nice though.
Reply 56
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/physics-a-2450/subject-content

if i learn what is in this then will i be able to get an a for physics (assuming that after i read through that that is all i will know)

in other words are these the only things that can come up for physics as

Puddles

Spoiler

Ah, so I was part of the 12% for whom one of last week's exams went badly :frown:

Today's Psychology paper went much better though. Pretty sure I might've got a high A :biggrin:
Original post by Feraligatr
I think I can potentially get an A in Psychology but the exam wasn't nice :cry2:

I've never seen so many 4 markers before? I prefer that to having fewer questions but more 6 and 8 markers though.
Original post by mogwai98
Ah, so I was part of the 12% for whom one of last week's exams went badly :frown:

Today's Psychology paper went much better though. Pretty sure I might've got a high A :biggrin:

Great news :biggrin: Don't let one bad exam put you off all the others - it usually goes better than you thought it did anyway

:dumbells:

Quick Reply

Latest