The Student Room Group

What fashion trends do you hate?

And what do you think about fashion these days- is it better or worse than the fashion in the 70s,80s etc...(If you weren't alive yet like me did what people wear on old photos look better than what people wear nowadays?)

Scroll to see replies

you cant really compare as they're just so, so different. Comparing someone wearing a blazer with a t and skinnies is impossible to comparing someone wearing flared trousers and a cool jacket 70's style. todays fashion is pretty vanilla honestly but you can pull some cool stuff off if you have the confidence for it
I really hate ugg boots. Beyond that I like all sorts of clothing.

As for other decades- i really love the style women wore in the 40's!
Hate crop tops mainly out of jealousy lol. I see so many pretty tops then realise they're crop tops and humanity isn't ready to see me in a crop top :teehee:

Oh and I agree with people who say fashion just goes in circles. I was wearing patterned leggings, long top and a denim jacket the other day and was definitely feeling the 90s look.
Reply 4
Snap-backs, crop-tops and Paul's Boutique bags.

I can't take anyone seriously who wears these things.
Well fashion goes round and round, so it's quite common to get 70s and 80s style clothing nowadays. I hate crocs or jelly shoes (unless you're a kid) :rolleyes: xx
every single 'trend'.

People just look better when they go for a classic timeless look
The "short back and sides" haircut that just about every guy in the country has.
Chokers!
Original post by radhikagulati
every single 'trend'.

People just look better when they go for a classic timeless look

This! :smile:
Original post by Kiytt
Snap-backs, crop-tops and Paul's Boutique bags.

I can't take anyone seriously who wears these things.

forgot about snapbacks, **** snapbacks
Reply 11
Why doesn't any talk about how crazy early 00's fashion was, visible thongs, halter neck crop tops, extra mini skirts. When I watch videos I just think how did people have so much confidence to wear that stuff
I just hate people who follow trends to 'fit in'.

I hate when British people try to copy American fashion, and girls who try way too hard to fit into a style like vintage, tumblr summer girl, etc.
Reply 13
The typical 12-18 year old outfit: trainers, high waisted skinny jeans, crop top and a leather jacket. Ew. 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crop tops are vile dunno why everyone is wearing them urgh they just look like your top has shrunk in the wash :colonhash:

Not a fan of jelly shoes, midi skirts, short shorts that show bum cheek galore...basically hate most trends tbh.
Cuffed jeans.
Those NERD and GEEK tops. You hardly see them nowadays but they still make me cringe when I see them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those small ponytail hairstyles guys are keeping these days. You know the one with the shaved sides? Annoys me :unimpressed:
Original post by cake_lover
Those small ponytail hairstyles guys are keeping these days. You know the one with the shaved sides? Annoys me :unimpressed:

Ew they're awful, confuses me like it's short but then just a random, little, pointless ponytail
I'm not overly keen on knee-high socks.

Quick Reply

Latest