The Student Room Group

Official AQA GCSE C2 Response Thread

What was your opinion on the paper? Personally, I was very pleased with it. Who got Pb2O3 for the empirical formula?
I was quite happy with the paper and I got that formula :smile:
I got that formula too. What did anyone get for the use of nitinol for dental braces?
Reply 3
I got that too!! Although overall I didnt like the paper, the six mark was good though
Original post by jasminekyra
I got that formula too. What did anyone get for the use of nitinol for dental braces?

I said that nitinol warms up in the mouth and returns to its original shape pulling the teeth back though I realise the answer was probably just that it was a smart material:colondollar:
Reply 5
I found it much easier than C3! Really questioning the long marks from AQA though- they're not so much scientific knowledge than take what you can from what you're given and hope for the best!
I got that for the formula too- disappointed there weren't many other calculations questions as they're easy marks :frown:
What did you all put to explain the 6 mark question because I got a big confused and talked about how the concentration of the copper sulphate affected the temperature change because the number of reacting particles which could collide increased and this released more heat energy- is this right? I found the paper really nice apart from that question!
I thought that C3 was ok apart from the very last question and I don't really know if I said the right thing for the 5 mark question! I hope everybody else found it ok!
Reply 7
Original post by Olivia197
What did you all put to explain the 6 mark question because I got a big confused and talked about how the concentration of the copper sulphate affected the temperature change because the number of reacting particles which could collide increased and this released more heat energy- is this right? I found the paper really nice apart from that question!
I thought that C3 was ok apart from the very last question and I don't really know if I said the right thing for the 5 mark question! I hope everybody else found it ok!

yeah that was the right thing to say because it asks you to explain why the results are like they are :smile: as long as you also described the trend within the table
Reply 8
Original post by jasminekyra

I got shape memory alloy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending