The Student Room Group

6000+ people dying in the ocean whilst noone gives a hoot

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GnomeMage
Rohingya people originated from bengali. And speaks a dialect very similar to bengali. And bengali refugees are found among rohingya refugees and live with them.

Since myanmar refuse to recognise rohingya as myanmar people, calling them bengali makes the most sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same reply as above.
Some of you are quite hypocritical.

You jump at the first opportunity to attack Muslims if they ever kill someone. But when someone is doing the same to innocent Muslims, you attempt to justify it.
Original post by IdeasForLife
I won't argue this point because I don't personally how the rakhine people personally refer to them.

After following the issue for years, I heavily doubt it's validity. And yh I do hold the buddhists to blame.

Anyone without any conformation bias would acknowledge the massacres. Heck even some media outlets and human rights organisations comment upon the issue every few years at points which they can't ignore.

Massacre of burmese people? Both sides had their faults.
Asean countries + Australia not wanting rohingya refugees while accepting every other refugees is due to these rohingya reputation of being violent. God knows how many headless corpse will be found in the host countries after adopting them.

You wont argue because you don't know. Well now you know. Even bangladesh fears having thrm back.
Posted from TSR Mobile

You jump at the first opportunity to attack Muslims if they ever kill someone. But when someone is doing the same to innocent Muslims, you attempt to justify it.

What does this have to do with any of that? Nobody here is justifying killing innocent Muslims, and to be honest I think nobody here is talking about this being to do with Islam except for you. This is a group of people who are in a crisis because of persecution and lack of nationality, I for one don't care either way about their religion. Why you do, I'm not sure.

Exactly. Maybe they need some visual proof of what's happening:

WARNING, VERY GRAPHIC.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

I defended the Palestinians and condemned the states's war in middle east. People like us do not separate humans into categories like muslims or non muslims, quite contrary to muslims world view. We see people as humans and judge them for what they do.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/18-deaths-could-be-linked-to-myanmar-unrest-says-penang-police-chief
Just last year rohingya refugees murdered myanmar buddhists in penang. You can understand why malaysia wont take more of them in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Child poverty in some areas of the UK is almost 50%, yet no one seems to care much about that. Maybe we should help our own people first before trying to help others?
This isn't the responsibility of ours in this instance. Let the powers of Asia deal with this issue. We're already facing severe issues with the crisis in the Mediterranean. We don't need even more people coming in than we can handle. Also they're illegals immigrants as well and so you can probably understand why they're not being taken in by these countries. What needs to be done is to intervene in Myanmar to make the situation better there. The thing people realise is that simply taking in these poor souls doesn't solve any problems in the long term, it creates more problems. The thing we need to do in countries that have large numbers of people fleeing like Syria, Myanmar and Libya is to try and help improve their actual countries. It's a simple logical fact that you can't simply take all of these fleeing people. Only those in the most desperate need should be taken in like women and children, no one else. You know maybe if we stopped given all of the worlds economic output to China and instead have it so its distributed, maybe so many countrises wouldn't be messed up. They could actually develop
the world doesn't care because it's a third world countries.

the numbers dying only matters if this is happening in europe or america
Massacre of burmese people? Both sides had their faults.
Asean countries + Australia not wanting rohingya refugees while accepting every other refugees is due to these rohingya reputation of being violent. God knows how many headless corpse will be found in the host countries after adopting them.

You wont argue because you don't know. Well now you know. Even bangladesh fears having thrm back.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Massacre of Rohingya. You seem very focused on in attempting to dehumanize the rohingya Muslims.

And your statement about the headless corpses,from that it's quite clear that you're out to hate Muslims and spread as many lies as possible. You'll believe anything people tell you about them. Some people in the comments section in the video called for Muslims to wiped out. And other bigoted things. They remind me of your posts here.

Nope, you have no clue.

Original post by seaholme
What does this have to do with any of that? Nobody here is justifying killing innocent Muslims, and to be honest I think nobody here is talking about this being to do with Islam except for you. This is a group of people who are in a crisis because of persecution and lack of nationality, I for one don't care either way about their religion. Why you do, I'm not sure.

Sorry but go read up on it. If you don't even understand why someone is mentioning muslims then you shouldn't be commented on this issue. Go read and learn. I'm not going to waste my time.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Exactly. Maybe they need some visual proof:

WARNING, VERY GRAPHIC.

Spoiler

I don't know whether that is true or not. I'm not a fan of the burmese but things like this need to verified.
The whiny Liberals here really do need to think a bit more before putting forward statements on their opinion of the situation. If we had a 100% ideal world, the Asian powers could take in all of the refugees but Liberals don't think with their brains, its all heart. You dont think about integrating them into the culture, feeding/housing/funding them, the economic effect, the effect on crime rates. Leave it to the real decision makers. Its a dreadful situation that requires intervention in Myanmar itself to stop the problem at its source.
Reply 51
i don't care, not our problem
I defended the Palestinians and condemned the states's war in middle east. People like us do not separate humans into categories like muslims or non muslims, quite contrary to muslims world view. We see people as humans and judge them for what they do.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/18-deaths-could-be-linked-to-myanmar-unrest-says-penang-police-chief
Just last year rohingya refugees murdered myanmar buddhists in penang. You can understand why malaysia wont take more of them in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you not read your own articles?

The recent string of killings in Penang popular with tourists for its beaches, historic capital of Georgetown and polyglot cuisine has fuelled concern.

Some of those murdered in Penang were found with their throats slit or heads and limbs severed.

The Malay Mail and other reports did not specify whether those killed, or detained were Buddhist or Muslim. No further information about the victims has been officially released. - See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/18-deaths-could-be-linked-to-myanmar-unrest-says-penang-police-chief#sthash.INjZEpdt.dpuf

It's strange how you magically figured out that the killers were Rohingya and the deceased were buddhists.

I am done with you. You are obsessed with peddling false information. Expect no more replies.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RedStar98
Child poverty in some areas of the UK is almost 50%, yet no one seems to care much about that. Maybe we should help our own people first before trying to help others?

That is a real good point you have there though isn't every life equal. What we should have been doing from the start is to try and improve the situation in the affected countries themselves and working to establishing a better country for these refugees. They wouldn't leave in the first place if their countries weren't a mess. That would leave just the economic immigrants who can just bugger off
It's unfortunate that they are dying, but it certainly isn't Britain's problem.
Sorry but go read up on it. If you don't even understand why someone is mentioning muslims then you shouldn't be commented on this issue. Go read and learn. I'm not going to waste my time.

No, people like you need a perspective check. If you think it ignorant that people might not be obsessed with religion in every single possible scenario, pause to consider what that says about you.

Just because these refugees have a religion, anything good or bad that happens to them or other people's opinions on the situation, believe it or not, have sod all to do with a prejudice against that religion.
Original post by RedStar98

That is a legitimate point and I don't disagree with where you're coming from. However I'm not exactly British.
No, people like you need a perspective check. If you think it ignorant that people might not be obsessed with religion in every single possible scenario, pause to consider what that says about you.

Just because these refugees have a religion, anything good or bad that happens to them or other people's opinions on the situation, believe it or not, have sod all to do with a prejudice against that religion.

Hey don't take it out on me. It's not my fault that the buddhists mentioned Muslims in their hate. Don't shoot the messenger :h:

Ever heard of Ashin Wirathu? Well if you haven't, google him. Should read some of his lovely statements( where he does indeed mention Muslims).
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey don't take it out on me. It's not my fault that the buddhists mentioned Muslims in their hate. Don't shoot the messenger :h:

Ever heard of Ashin Wirathu? Well if you haven't, google him. Should read some of his lovely statements( where he does indeed mention Muslims).

Yes we all know that the persecution of the Rohingyas is based on religious hatred. What you suggested is that the responses of people on this thread are also based on religious hatred. Which is the bit I find ridiculous and paranoid.
Yes we all know that the persecution of the Rohingyas is based on religious hatred. What you suggested is that the responses of people on this thread are also based on religious hatred. Which is the bit I find ridiculous and paranoid.

I think the response of one person(not you) is certainly based on that. He seems so obsessed with making the rohingya look like monsters. Even the video he shared - it's full of comments of like "Muslims need to be wiped out".

Just adding 2 and 2 together tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending