The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What grades do you need to get to get an offer for Geography with Economics at LSE

Hi, I am thinking of applying for Geography with Economics or Accounting and Finance. Problem is, I dont think my grades are good enough.In GCSEs I got A*A*A*A*AAAABB. At A level I am currently doing Biology, Maths, Economics and Geography. So my 1st question is, firstly, are my GCSE grades good enough to get into LSESecondly, I know I have done bad in C2 this year so does it affect my chances if I redo it next year and get a B this year. Any replies much appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
You'll need an A in maths overall, and I'd advise not applying unless you have that predicted. My offer was AAB doing similar A levels but it may have gone up since I applied. GCSEs look good enough, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Guess all you can do is apply and find out.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by lolsutton
You'll need an A in maths overall, and I'd advise not applying unless you have that predicted. My offer was AAB doing similar A levels but it may have gone up since I applied. GCSEs look good enough, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Guess all you can do is apply and find out.

Thanks, where else did you apply?
There is no magic 'Grades' formula that ensures you get an offer from LSE or probably for any other University.
There is no magic formula at all.

1) Find out as much about LSE and your prospective course as you can - look at the LSE website
2) Work really hard and get the best grades that you can get
3) Write an personal and uniquely individual statement that shows you for the person you are and why you want to study your course. Again the LSE website is a great resource.
4) Look at the League Tables, Student Satisfaction scores, course content and Graduate prospects and decide your list of potential Universities. Why do you want to go to LSE?
5) Plan your application so that you have at least one Uni as a back up plan that you are almost virtually guaranteed to get an offer from.
Reply 4
Cambridge, Durham, Nottingham and UEA. All for straight Geography.
Reply 5
My friend has an offer for Geography with Economics which he now firmed. He achieved 4A*s 4As and 2Bs at GCSE and 3As and a B at AS. He had very strong work experience with a paid internship at some insurance company. The LSE pride themselves in how hard they look at the personal statement. I have also firmed the LSE and my personal statement was cery international and experience filled.
Reply 6
Where did you and your friend do work experience as I need to get some.
Reply 7
Original post by bl1910
Where did you and your friend do work experience as I need to get some.

Through a family friend at an insurance company in the city, I know no more than that sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending