The Student Room Group

What's your favourite topic in Maths? - A Level Maths & FM

I'm just working my way through C3-4 at the moment so I can try to get FP1 & FP2 done over summer to give me a bit of a head start with the FM syllabus and I have to admit, my favourite topic by far would HAVE to be trigonometry, which would probably be followed by Calc, but it does get quite tricky.

What's your's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Normal distribution. :colondollar:
I liked C3 trig.
Also the trapezium rule because you just put numbers in your calculator/ :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM

Aw nah binomial <3

just gonna say Decision 1 Bin packing algorithms to piss people off hehe :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by SeanFM

I haven't looked at any Stats since GCSE but I've heard most people find it horrible, but it's cool to see there are people who have it as their favourites too! Do you prefer the Stats modules in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
I liked C3 trig.
Also the trapezium rule because you just put numbers in your calculator/ :tongue:

I love the trapezium rule and the Simpson rule too tbh, they're basically the exact same thing but I don't think the Simpson Rule is on EDEXCEL is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\
I love the trapezium rule and the Simpson rule too tbh, they're basically the exact same thing but I don't think the Simpson Rule is on EDEXCEL is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it is on Edexcel.
Simpson's rule is more accurate than trapezium isn't it?
Such easy marks. :biggrin:

Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Aw nah binomial <3

All of statistics has me like: :yucky:
Original post by rayquaza17
I don't think it is on Edexcel.
Simpson's rule is more accurate than trapezium isn't it?
Such easy marks. :biggrin:
:

Yeah it is, and it's on CCEA C3 for about 7~ marks - it's brilliant!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Calculus and trigonometry.. Don't shoot me please~
Trigonometry :woo:
Differentiation is fun too!
(AQA) FP2 Complex numbers, FP4 matrices, and FP3 Differential equations.
Complex numbers :suith:
From FP1, Matrices and Complex Numbers were quite enjoyable, and I also really like the subject of logs for some reason.
I like Stats and majority of mechanics. Yeah I know I'm weird, I've been told
Original post by Jordan\
I haven't looked at any Stats since GCSE but I've heard most people find it horrible, but it's cool to see there are people who have it as their favourites too! Do you prefer the Stats modules in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yessir, went as far as to do up to S4, so I only had to do M1. It's so much more straightforward.

Aw nah binomial <3

just gonna say Decision 1 Bin packing algorithms to piss people off hehe :biggrin::biggrin:

PRSOM.
Original post by SeanFM
Yessir, went as far as to do up to S4, so I only had to do M1. It's so much more straightforward.

PRSOM.

:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by lukejoshjames
From FP1, Matrices and Complex Numbers were quite enjoyable, and I also really like the subject of logs for some reason.

I loved C2 logs, it was always one of the last questions on the paper so it was worth loads of marks, and they were just fun to work through.

I've done all of the Complex Numbers on the FM course and I love them, but I can't do transformations at the moment to save my life!
Aw nah binomial <3

Yes love a bit of bin packing :P
Original post by yelllowribbon
Yes love a bit of bin packing :P
No love for the amazing bubble sort? :frown:

Original post by Jordan\
I loved C2 logs, it was always one of the last questions on the paper so it was worth loads of marks, and they were just fun to work through.

I've done all of the Complex Numbers on the FM course and I love them, but I can't do transformations at the moment to save my life!
Yeah, logs was one of those topics that looked really complicated before doing it, but turned out to be really easy and surprisingly enjoyable xD
Matrices and Complex Numbers!

Quick Reply

Latest