The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Lucia.
I haven't received one of those letters. Should I have done? :confused:

No news is good news (especially in this letters case). It depends wat department u r. If ur department's organised (or even more unorganised than the unorganised departments) u won't get a letter but for people applying for certain courses where the department is unorganised they send out a letter saying it wil take a while for them to make up their mind. Basically no u probably shouldn't :smile: .
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
i got one for languages. argh why have no other language applicants posted on here saying they've got one
argh its so frustrating!!!!!
Reply 23
ange de la nuit
i got one for languages. argh why have no other language applicants posted on here saying they've got one

Macht dir keine Sorgen!! I got one too :-) Arghh! I share your pain!
x
Mizmoz
Macht dir keine Sorgen!! I got one too :-) Arghh! I share your pain!
x

good news about it. Someone got offer for modern foriegn languages from Trevlin on 2007 applications thread so your wait might not b too long. :smile:
Reply 25
hehe that was me!

im nothing special so it shouldnt be long for everyone else!
Reply 26
Uhm, I have received neither The February Letter nor The March Letter you all speak of. All I got was the confirmation letter with my Durham Track PIN.

Anyone else not got one of these letters yet?
Mizmoz
hehe that was me!

im nothing special so it shouldnt be long for everyone else!

:smile: lol congrats again and good luck everyone else.
Osmosis
Uhm, I have received neither coveted The February Letter nor The March Letter you all speak of. All I got was the confirmation letter with my Durham Track PIN.

Yeah but Im afraid Durham track will b a great big disspointment. Its even less intresting than UCAS track and in places allot slower. Pray that you don't get tha late letter. U seriously don't want it.
Reply 29
spunkym0nkey
Pray that you don't get tha late letter. U seriously don't want it.
Yeah, you're probably right. This way I can at least live with the faint hope that I might not have to wait until March to hear anything...
Reply 30
ange de la nuit

Don't worry I got one too:frown:
Ok, now I'm asking the opposite - why have all the language applicants got offers and not me! Lol, can I ask when you applied?
Reply 32
I applied about a week after the Oxbridge deadline for languages.
k thanks,. i think i sent mine into school during the oxbridge deadline but got it delayed until a couple of days after. but on ucas it shows up as being processed on 2 nov. when was urs? thanks btw x
I got one for History
Reply 35
hi i got a letter from durham for economics saying that I would have to wait till the end of feb to hear anything. I was wondering whether this is good news or bad news?
Reply 36
I've got a PPE one, but Durham track says I've been accepted by the department. I guess they're pretty automatic things to stop us all worrying that they've forgotten us (obviously, they don't know us applicants well enough; we'll never stop worrying!)

I shouldn't read anything into it, aofm. You might be waiting until the end of February, it might come before then. Just go and read a good book until they make up their sweet minds.
Reply 37
ange de la nuit
Ok, now I'm asking the opposite - why have all the language applicants got offers and not me! Lol, can I ask when you applied?

I haven't got an offer for languages!
Reply 38
ange de la nuit
k thanks,. i think i sent mine into school during the oxbridge deadline but got it delayed until a couple of days after. but on ucas it shows up as being processed on 2 nov. when was urs? thanks btw x

i think it was the 20th of october. Good luck, let me know how you get on!
Reply 39
Osmosis
Uhm, I have received neither The February Letter nor The March Letter you all speak of. All I got was the confirmation letter with my Durham Track PIN.

I haven't got one of those letters either. I'm taking this as a bad sign :ninja: :frown:

Latest