The Student Room Group

Tattoos!

Can anyone tell me in detail the process of getting a tattoo?
So...price, pain, the wgole process really :smile:
Would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
So first you obviously have to choose what you want your tattoo to look like. Don't worry if you don't know exactly, as long as you have a general idea, a tattoo artist will be able to work with you to create a design you love. You also need to decide where you want the tattoo to go, and what size you want it.

Secondly, find a tattoo artist; speak to friends and family who've had tattoos and see if they can recommend anyone and check out various artists work on their website or Facebook page.

Once you've picked your artist arrange a consultation with them. This is where you will meet your artist and talk through your design ideas with them. Listen to what the artists says but make sure you end up with a design you want. Artists will give you advice on the placement of your tattoo, sizing, font styles for any lettering etc. but make sure that if you don't like any of their ideas, you (politely) tell them. At the end of your consultation you will book the date (or dates if you're having a large tattoo done over a number of sessions) of your tattoo. Some artists may also require you to put down a deposit at your consultation too.

On the day of your tattoo, you will be required to show some form of photo ID, and fill in a form declaring that you do not have any medical conditions that could be affected by getting tattooed, that you are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol etc. The artist will then show you your tattoo and put a transfer on your skin. When the transfer is on, check that you're happy with the sizing, the placement and that any words are spelled correctly. This is your last chance to change anything, so make sure you're completely happy!

Lastly, just some general tips and info: price will depend on the size of your tattoo, how complicated the design is, and whether you're having colour or not. However, most studios have a minimum price of £30 -£50, for small simple designs.

Pain again depends where you're having the tattoo, and your personal pain tolerance. Fleshy parts of the body (like thighs) are generally less painful than bony areas such as ankles or ribs, however everyone is different. I have a an average pain tolerance and I personally didn't find my ankle tattoo much (if at all) more painful than my thigh tat.

If you are finding the tattoo painful, you can ask the artist for breaks. At the end of the session, your artist will give you an aftercare sheet, ensure you follow this properly and if you have any concerns about your tattoo during the healing process, contact the studio immediately.
Thank you for such a good response!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest