The Student Room Group

Finger tattoos as a teacher

Hi,

I’m looking into being either a secondary school teacher or a university lecturer. My issue is that I’m quite heavily tattooed, although I don’t have my neck or hands tattooed I do have my fingers tattooed.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with something similar?

I have spoken to get into teaching and I’m going to one of their events in the near future but I’m just curious if anyone else could help?

Reply 1
Some schools won't like it; most won't care.

No university will care. The only things they are bothered about are that you have a PhD and some publications.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
If your fingers are tattooed, your hands are tattooed, btw.
Original post by gjd800
If your fingers are tattooed, your hands are tattooed, btw.
What I meant by that, as I’m sure you could figure, is that the backs and palms of my hands aren’t tattooed, just my fingers and thumbs.
Original post by gjd800
Some schools won't like it; most won't care.
No university will care. The only things they are bothered about are that you have a PhD and some publications.
Thank you for the information, it’s been quite hard finding answers to my specific question. However thank you for taking the time to reply.
I have lower arm tattoos, currently working on my sleeve (slowly, bloody expensive things) and my current school don't care - kids love them. I'm Food Tech, so they're on show all the time. Other schools will care, same with piercings. Don't let it hold you back; if a school won't accept you for you, then they're not the school for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending