The Student Room Group

Does aqa include more human biology than edexcel?

Hi guys, is it just me or does AQA biology focus more on human biology and diseases than Edexcel? I feel like Edexcel is more about plants and ecology. Is it just me or this is true? I am asking because I am trying to decide between AQA and Edexcel.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Original post by karzen
Anyone?

Had a quick look at the new specifications and Edexcel Biology B looks about the same as the current AQA spec, but Edexcel Biology A looks like it has a lot more human biology stuff in it.
Reply 3
Original post by NineTailedFox
Had a quick look at the new specifications and Edexcel Biology B looks about the same as the current AQA spec, but Edexcel Biology A looks like it has a lot more human biology stuff in it.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but are there 2 Edexcel Biologies? What is the difference? And I'm talking about old specifications as I will be fast tracking.
Original post by karzen
Sorry if this sounds stupid but are there 2 Edexcel Biologies? What is the difference? And I'm talking about old specifications as I will be fast tracking.

Ah then it doesnt affect you as Edexcel only has one Biology for the current spec but the only differences between the new ones is what is taught.

So I looked at the current spec and they are quite similar but it looks like Edexcel has a bit more human biology than AQA
Reply 5
Ah then it doesnt affect you as Edexcel only has one Biology for the current spec but the only differences between the new ones is what is taught.

So I looked at the current spec and they are quite similar but it looks like Edexcel has a bit more human biology than AQA

You mean current spec Edexcel has a bit more human biology than current spec AQA? So it's the opposite of what I thought really
Original post by karzen
You mean current spec Edexcel has a bit more human biology than current spec AQA? So it's the opposite of what I thought really

Yeah :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah :smile:

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest