The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Accommodation for Resit Students.

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you can help me. My friend is currently studying within the Physics/Maths department of Edinburgh University and is having to resit some first year exams this month. They don't live within commuting distance from Edinburgh and will need to travel up and stay in the city but accommodation in hotels and even in halls is upward of £200. We were wondering if the university makes any provisions for resit students who need to stay in Edinburgh for one night or more. It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could give us any advice on where to look or who to contact as it is a time sensitive issue.

Thanks a lot!
Original post by Rekab83
. We were wondering if the university makes any provisions for resit students who need to stay in Edinburgh for one night or more.

Short answer, no.

There are rooms available all nights in Pollock (single, standard) for £49. If you ring up Pollock reception to book, they should be able to discount it by 10-15% for matriculated students/staff. Given it's August in Edinburgh, that's a pretty reasonable rate. Your friend will have to swallow the costs, I'm afraid, and should consider this an unfortunate side effect of failing first time around and endeavour to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending