The Student Room Group

SFE while resitting

Hi,

I failed 2 exams on my first year and now I have to wait until May to resit these exams. Am I still entitled to a maintenance loan (technically I will be in attendance - TO sit the exams)?

My university isn’t confirming attendance but surely they should. I’m staying at a nearby university accommodation to have access to the university, tutors, library etc. But going forward I will need the maintenance loan to pay for my rent.

Thanks
Original post by hasanleeds
Hi,

I failed 2 exams on my first year and now I have to wait until May to resit these exams. Am I still entitled to a maintenance loan (technically I will be in attendance - TO sit the exams)?

My university isn’t confirming attendance but surely they should. I’m staying at a nearby university accommodation to have access to the university, tutors, library etc. But going forward I will need the maintenance loan to pay for my rent.

Thanks

Hi there,

You'd need to be classed as enrolled (in attendance) by the university in order to be eligible for the maintenance loan. If you're not going to be an internal student then you wouldn't be funded. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending