The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I feel so old haha! Finally got around to posting on here, although I think I'd become quite absent on the last thread by the end of the year :smile:
- What qualification are you taking?
A levels
- What subject/s are you going to be taking?
Biology, chemistry, maths and Spanish.
- How do you feel your GCSEs went? the longer we have to wait for results the worse I think I've done! But hopefully I'll have done well :smile:
- An interesting fact?
Hmm, it's at times like this I realise how boring I am :biggrin: I guess that I'm bilingual :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Ah I feel so old now, I feel like it was just yesterday when I was introducing myself on the Current a Year 10 thread! Can't believe it's been 2 years already :eek:
)

This is what I was just thinking! Year 10 thread memories :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick times...

A-Levels
Maths, physics, chemistry/biology (depends if I want easy or not) and then like business or something because I cba doing 4 academic subjects no more
- How do you feel your GCSEs went?
Relatively well, all except Geography...
- An interesting fact?
I have an OCD that requires me to always have a ruler with me during school times
Reply 103
For my a levels I want to do maths and two other sciences although I don't know which ones can anyone help?
Original post by moe889
For my a levels I want to do maths and two other sciences although I don't know which ones can anyone help?

What do you want to do when you're older? Also, choose subjects you enjoy and know you will work hard for.
Reply 105
I'm not sure what career yet. Can you help me with the type of things you'll learn in the sciences as I enjoy all of them but don't want to take all three.
Original post by moe889
I'm not sure what career yet. Can you help me with the type of things you'll learn in the sciences as I enjoy all of them but don't want to take all three.

What board are you doing for the sciences? e.g OCR, AQA? Find out and have a look at the specification. It shows what you will learn.
Reply 107
Retaking :frown: Will have to suffer with the new linear A levels now :frown:

Geography
English Literature
Biology

Is what I'm hoping to study at a new college :biggrin:
A-Levels

English Literature, French, Biology and Geography

Okay- I know I could've focused more when it mattered

- An interesting fact?
.... I love Marmite :tongue:
Reply 109
What would happen if we have to retake after the end of two years?
Reply 110
Original post by moe889
What would happen if we have to retake after the end of two years?

I thought the same question. You would still have all the knowledge so wouldn't need to do the entire 2 years, just retake year 13 and do the next Summer linear A level exam.
Reply 111
So you'll just do another extra year like students previously would've done?
Reply 112
Original post by moe889
So you'll just do another extra year like students previously would've done?

Yes. the year the exam would be taken in, say 2018, given you failed the 2017 one.
Love how the poll doesn't have what I'm doing in September...

It doesn't even have a BTEC option... :giggle:
Original post by thevamps99xo
I'd like to do it but there's some stuff going on with my grandparents so I wanna wait until it all calms down until I start looking :frown: anyway at the sixth form Im going to we start looking in October/November etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really sorry to hear about the stuff going on with your grandparents! I hope for your case it isn't too bad. :frown: I'm going to try and be semi-active on the site from now on, so if you don't already have a strong support network, I'd be happy to help if you needed to vent or anything like that? :smile:

As for the open days, October/November is absolutely fine! :biggrin: The main point I was trying to get at, is that it's ideal you start figuring out potential universities and courses before the end of the first year. I think the only reason I'm starting a little early is because my sister is also looking at potential universities, so I figured I'd just tag along too.

... Also maybe because some university open days offer some form of free food... That would perhaps be a major contributing reason too, come to think of it... :laugh::h:
Original post by BroJoeJoe
I'm really sorry to hear about the stuff going on with your grandparents! I hope for your case it isn't too bad. :frown: I'm going to try and be semi-active on the site from now on, so if you don't already have a strong support network, I'd be happy to help if you needed to vent or anything like that? :smile:

As for the open days, October/November is absolutely fine! :biggrin: The main point I was trying to get at, is that it's ideal you start figuring out potential universities and courses before the end of the first year. I think the only reason I'm starting a little early is because my sister is also looking at potential universities, so I figured I'd just tag along too.

... Also maybe because some university open days offer some form of free food... That would perhaps be a major contributing reason too, come to think of it... :laugh::h:

Thank you for that, that means a lot :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When is this getting stickied? :tongue:
A-Levels :smile:
As of yet I'm taking Maths, Psychology, Textiles and Business but if get good enough grades I'll change it to Maths, Psychology, Biology and Business :/
- How do you feel GCSEs went?
Overall good but I'm nervous about Maths because I need a least a B and I feel like Geography went really bad so I'm relying on coursework :frown:
- An interesting fact?
Im addicted to Americas next top model right now and Oreos, not that interesting but you know :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats going on with the OP guys? Is it just a makeshift for the time being?
Original post by Midnightmemories
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Year 12 thread!

This is where we all can post now and this OP is a work in progress!

To get everyone started off while the OP is under construction, here's some questions for you answer!
- An interesting fact?

Hi, guys! I'm Anna, and I'm taking four A-levels next year! I'll be taking French, Spanish, maths and physics! I feel my GCSEs went well, but not as well as I wanted, because towards the end I simply burnt out and didn't work as hard as I could have done.
An interesting fact.. I'm training for a marathon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest