The Student Room Group
daiking_69
Hi, I've been given an offer for economics at Cambridge for 2007 (AAA) I am currently studying maths but not further maths. I have been told that further maths would be useful but I do not want to study the whole syllabus when many parts may be irrelevant to the course next year. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of which particular topics are useful for the mathematics side of the economics course? Thanks

matrices
constrained optimisation (not sure if that is in FM)
Reply 2
Kentish Man
matrices
constrained optimisation (not sure if that is in FM)

Do you do matrices in first year? I thought that most econ courses did that in 2nd year?

Btw how hard is the maths in Durham Econ in the first year? It should be easier than Bristol right?
Heisman
Do you do matrices in first year? I thought that most econ courses did that in 2nd year?

Btw how hard is the maths in Durham Econ in the first year? It should be easier than Bristol right?

I've done loads of matrices in the maths module I do but that is from the maths department. We have touched on them in the Economic Methods.

Yeh the maths at Durham is probably easier than Bristol.
Reply 4
Heisman

Cambridge do them in the 2nd term of first year.

We also cover all stats modules in the first two terms (from Maths and F Maths)
Reply 5
dwking
Hi, I've been given an offer for economics at Cambridge for 2007 (AAA) I am currently studying maths but not further maths. I have been told that further maths would be useful but I do not want to study the whole syllabus when many parts may be irrelevant to the course next year. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of which particular topics are useful for the mathematics side of the economics course? Thanks

I'm so jealous about it!!hehe..:p:

i heard calculus in FM would be very helpful.. worth reading it..

Latest

Trending

Trending