The Student Room Group

A new mobile for AMG

I want a new mobile because the one I have a over 2 1/2 years old. I don't mind waiting a little longer while I save up money. However I have Orange TxtSaver on my phone which is non tranferrable and cost me £20 for a year so I have to keep my number the same.

I was considering getting a Nokia 7250i but they are expensive (well every Sim free phone is).

Anyway, right now on E-bay there is a Nokia 7250i on offer. It is locked to Orange...so would I be able to use my Sim in it. I am not going to bid for this one but if another comes up I might.

I like the look of the Nokia 7250i...what are your opinion of it? I want a phone which is going to last quite a while because I don't want to replace it again for at least another 2 1/2 years.

Any other phones which I should consider..I want a phone with a longgggg battery and holds more than 20 messages in its inbox (because my one doesn't is a pain).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a_musical_gal
I want a new mobile because the one I have a over 2 1/2 years old. I don't mind waiting a little longer while I save up money. However I have Orange TxtSaver on my phone which is non tranferrable and cost me £20 for a year so I have to keep my number the same.

I was considering getting a Nokia 7250i but they are expensive (well every Sim free phone is).

Anyway, right now on E-bay there is a Nokia 7250i on offer. It is locked to Orange...so would I be able to use my Sim in it. I am not going to bid for this one but if another comes up I might.

I like the look of the Nokia 7250i...what are your opinion of it? I want a phone which is going to last quite a while because I don't want to replace it again for at least another 2 1/2 years.

Any other phones which I should consider..I want a phone with a longgggg battery and holds more than 20 messages in its inbox (because my one doesn't is a pain).

Yes you will be able to put your sim card into any orange locked handset, or any orange PAYG phone, as well as sim free, and keep your existing number, textsaver package, etc.

The 7250i is wank. Don't buy it.
Reply 2
a_musical_gal

Are you on a pay monthly contract? Or pay as you go?
DazzaWazza
Are you on a pay monthly contract? Or pay as you go?

Orange PAYG + £20 txtsaver package.

Bhaal85
The 7250i is wank. Don't buy it.

Ok then...what would you recommend?

Needs

Color Screen
Long (and I mean long) battery
Holds loads of text messages (my phone with 20 messages p*sses me off)
Polyphonic Tones (Harry Potter ringtone would be bonus)
Priced between £70 - £150 (though I hopefully will get a phone cheaper than £150)
Looks fab

Would be a bonus

Digital Camera
Reply 4
How about a Samsung SGH X450? [Sim free]

Price: £129.99
Screen: Colour
Polyphonic ringtones: Yes
Talk Time (hrs): 180
Weight: 79g
Standby Time (hrs): 150

Meets most of your criteria, check it out.
DazzaWazza
How about a Samsung SGH X450? [Sim free]

Price: £129.99
Screen: Colour
Polyphonic ringtones: Yes
Talk Time (hrs): 180
Weight: 79g
Standby Time (hrs): 150

Meets most of your criteria, check it out.

Its very nice but not for me....I don't like flip phones much. Sorry should of said earlier but thanks for the sugestion.
Reply 6
a_musical_gal

Its very nice but not for me....I don't like flip phones much. Sorry should of said earlier but thanks for the sugestion.

No worries. Do you want a certain brand in particular? Or does it not matter too much?
DazzaWazza
No worries. Do you want a certain brand in particular? Or does it not matter too much?

Not really. My favourties are Nokias and Sony Ericsson though.
Reply 8
this is the one i am having at moment and i think it is really good :smile:
Reply 9
shushimeng
this is the one i am having at moment and i think it is really good :smile:

Triband
Integrated digital camera with zoom
Streaming video and audio
Video recorder with audio support
Bluetooth and infrared
6Mb Internal Memory
Memory card slot
Java
Voice dialling/commands & voice recorder
Integrated hands-free speaker
Java support
Data synchronization with PC
Voice dialling/commands & voice recorde
Size: 108 x 58 x 23mm
Weight: 122g
Standby Time: 150-240 hours
Talktime: 2 4hrs
Reply 10
shushimeng
Triband
Integrated digital camera with zoom
Streaming video and audio
Video recorder with audio support
Bluetooth and infrared
6Mb Internal Memory
Memory card slot
Java
Voice dialling/commands & voice recorder
Integrated hands-free speaker
Java support
Data synchronization with PC
Voice dialling/commands & voice recorde
Size: 108 x 58 x 23mm
Weight: 122g
Standby Time: 150-240 hours
Talktime: 2 – 4hrs

Pretty sweet, how much did it cost you?
The 6600 is probably out of her budget though (Expansys have it for £250 sim free). What about a SE T610? I know they're fairly common, but they offer everything that you want, as well as being fairly cheap to buy (£150 sim free on Expansys.com and £130 on orange pay as you go).
Reply 12
DazzaWazza
Pretty sweet, how much did it cost you?

arrrh i forgot about the expense
it cost me nearly 250 but i don't know how much it is now
MuvverRussia
The 6600 is probably out of her budget though (Expansys have it for £250 sim free). What about a SE T610? I know they're fairly common, but they offer everything that you want, as well as being fairly cheap to buy (£150 sim free on Expansys.com and £130 on orange pay as you go).

What do you think of this? Worth a bid or two.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42392&item=5702787258&rd=1
Reply 14
a_musical_gal

Decent handset, I've had two of them. For your sort of budget, if you aren't bothered about a camera, then buy a Nokia 6100, decent handset, and easy to text with, decent battery life.
Reply 15
Bhaal85
Decent handset, I've had two of them. For your sort of budget, if you aren't bothered about a camera, then buy a Nokia 6100, decent handset, and easy to text with, decent battery life.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22325&item=4193792124&rd=1

It looks nice too, but this picture looks shite.
Bhaal85
I would like a camera phone. I think I will place a bid (not much higher) on the phone I found as the seller has 100% positive feedback, the price is currently low and despite the marks which as he said could be fixed by buying a new cover which I could do from the money I save.
Reply 17
a_musical_gal
I would like a camera phone. I think I will place a bid (not much higher) on the phone I found as the seller has 100% positive feedback, the price is currently low and despite the marks which as he said could be fixed by buying a new cover which I could do from the money I save.

the price will go up, still 10 hours left! make sure youre there at the end if you really want it!
Reply 18
if u wanna all of that for less than 150 u should go to Brixton market :wink: think that is the only place where u get decent phones for that price
Reply 19
a_musical_gal

Trust me, I am a sales consultant, the 7250i is a bag of shite. The 6100, you can get the camera attachment for it, if your really that inclined about a camera.

Latest

Trending

Trending