Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want a new mobile because the one I have a over 2 1/2 years old. I don't mind waiting a little longer while I save up money. However I have Orange TxtSaver on my phone which is non tranferrable and cost me £20 for a year so I have to keep my number the same.

I was considering getting a Nokia 7250i but they are expensive (well every Sim free phone is).

Anyway, right now on E-bay there is a Nokia 7250i on offer. It is locked to Orange...so would I be able to use my Sim in it. I am not going to bid for this one but if another comes up I might.

I like the look of the Nokia 7250i...what are your opinion of it? I want a phone which is going to last quite a while because I don't want to replace it again for at least another 2 1/2 years.

Any other phones which I should consider..I want a phone with a longgggg battery and holds more than 20 messages in its inbox (because my one doesn't is a pain).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I want a new mobile because the one I have a over 2 1/2 years old. I don't mind waiting a little longer while I save up money. However I have Orange TxtSaver on my phone which is non tranferrable and cost me £20 for a year so I have to keep my number the same.

I was considering getting a Nokia 7250i but they are expensive (well every Sim free phone is).

Anyway, right now on E-bay there is a Nokia 7250i on offer. It is locked to Orange...so would I be able to use my Sim in it. I am not going to bid for this one but if another comes up I might.

I like the look of the Nokia 7250i...what are your opinion of it? I want a phone which is going to last quite a while because I don't want to replace it again for at least another 2 1/2 years.

Any other phones which I should consider..I want a phone with a longgggg battery and holds more than 20 messages in its inbox (because my one doesn't is a pain).
    Yes you will be able to put your sim card into any orange locked handset, or any orange PAYG phone, as well as sim free, and keep your existing number, textsaver package, etc.

The 7250i is ****. Don't buy it.

ReputationRep:

Are you on a pay monthly contract? Or pay as you go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzaWazza)
    Are you on a pay monthly contract? Or pay as you go?

Orange PAYG + £20 txtsaver package.

(Original post by Bhaal85)
    The 7250i is ****. Don't buy it.

Ok then...what would you recommend?

Needs

Color Screen
    Long (and I mean long) battery
    Holds loads of text messages (my phone with 20 messages p*sses me off)
    Polyphonic Tones (Harry Potter ringtone would be bonus)
    Priced between £70 - £150 (though I hopefully will get a phone cheaper than £150)
    Looks fab

Would be a bonus

Digital Camera

ReputationRep:
    How about a Samsung SGH X450? [Sim free]

Price: £129.99
    Screen: Colour
    Polyphonic ringtones: Yes
    Talk Time (hrs): 180
    Weight: 79g
    Standby Time (hrs): 150

Meets most of your criteria, check it out.

ReputationRep:
    How about a Samsung SGH X450? [Sim free]

Price: £129.99
    Screen: Colour
    Polyphonic ringtones: Yes
    Talk Time (hrs): 180
    Weight: 79g
    Standby Time (hrs): 150

Meets most of your criteria, check it out.

Its very nice but not for me....I don't like flip phones much. Sorry should of said earlier but thanks for the sugestion.

ReputationRep:
    Its very nice but not for me....I don't like flip phones much. Sorry should of said earlier but thanks for the sugestion.
    No worries. Do you want a certain brand in particular? Or does it not matter too much?

ReputationRep:
    No worries. Do you want a certain brand in particular? Or does it not matter too much?

Not really. My favourties are Nokias and Sony Ericsson though.

ReputationRep:
    this is the one i am having at moment and i think it is really good
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    this is the one i am having at moment and i think it is really good
    Triband
    Integrated digital camera with zoom
    Streaming video and audio
    Video recorder with audio support
    Bluetooth and infrared
    6Mb Internal Memory
    Memory card slot
    Java
    Voice dialling/commands & voice recorder
    Integrated hands-free speaker
    Java support
    Data synchronization with PC
    Voice dialling/commands & voice recorde
    Size: 108 x 58 x 23mm
    Weight: 122g
    Standby Time: 150-240 hours
    Talktime: 2 – 4hrs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    Triband
    Integrated digital camera with zoom
    Streaming video and audio
    Video recorder with audio support
    Bluetooth and infrared
    6Mb Internal Memory
    Memory card slot
    Java
    Voice dialling/commands & voice recorder
    Integrated hands-free speaker
    Java support
    Data synchronization with PC
    Voice dialling/commands & voice recorde
    Size: 108 x 58 x 23mm
    Weight: 122g
    Standby Time: 150-240 hours
    Talktime: 2 – 4hrs
    Pretty sweet, how much did it cost you?

ReputationRep:
    The 6600 is probably out of her budget though (Expansys have it for £250 sim free). What about a SE T610? I know they're fairly common, but they offer everything that you want, as well as being fairly cheap to buy (£150 sim free on Expansys.com and £130 on orange pay as you go).

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sweet, how much did it cost you?
    arrrh i forgot about the expense
    it cost me nearly 250 but i don't know how much it is now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    The 6600 is probably out of her budget though (Expansys have it for £250 sim free). What about a SE T610? I know they're fairly common, but they offer everything that you want, as well as being fairly cheap to buy (£150 sim free on Expansys.com and £130 on orange pay as you go).

What do you think of this? Worth a bid or two.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category= 42392&item=5702787258&rd=1

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this? Worth a bid or two.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category= 42392&item=5702787258&rd=1
    Decent handset, I've had two of them. For your sort of budget, if you aren't bothered about a camera, then buy a Nokia 6100, decent handset, and easy to text with, decent battery life.

ReputationRep:
    Decent handset, I've had two of them. For your sort of budget, if you aren't bothered about a camera, then buy a Nokia 6100, decent handset, and easy to text with, decent battery life.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...193792124&rd=1

It looks nice too, but this picture looks shite.

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...193792124&rd=1

It looks nice too, but this picture looks shite.
    I would like a camera phone. I think I will place a bid (not much higher) on the phone I found as the seller has 100% positive feedback, the price is currently low and despite the marks which as he said could be fixed by buying a new cover which I could do from the money I save.

ReputationRep:
    I would like a camera phone. I think I will place a bid (not much higher) on the phone I found as the seller has 100% positive feedback, the price is currently low and despite the marks which as he said could be fixed by buying a new cover which I could do from the money I save.
    the price will go up, still 10 hours left! make sure youre there at the end if you really want it!

ReputationRep:
    if u wanna all of that for less than 150 u should go to Brixton market think that is the only place where u get decent phones for that price

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, I am a sales consultant, the 7250i is a bag of shite. The 6100, you can get the camera attachment for it, if your really that inclined about a camera.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.