The Student Room Group

Gcse resulys

Ive recently got my GCSE results and I feel a bit down about them, my parents say that I've done really well, but I feel like I haven't coated to my friends who got 8 A*-A which is amazing!! Do you think I'm being too harsh on myself, and what can I do to kind of accept my results? Especially as I want to study medicine, so do you think these results are good enough to do that??
My results
Art A*
Core Science A
Additional Science A
Maths A
History A
English lit B
English Lang B
French B
Textiles C
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Flirtiturtle
Ive recently got my GCSE results and I feel a bit down about them, my parents say that I've done really well, but I feel like I haven't coated to my friends who got 8 A*-A which is amazing!! Do you think I'm being too harsh on myself, and what can I do to kind of accept my results? Especially as I want to study medicine, so do you think these results are good enough to do that??
My results
Art A*
Core Science A
Additional Science A
Maths A
History A
English lit B
English Lang B
French B
Textiles C

Hey there,

Your results are good :hugs:

Please don't compare yourself to other people, your results matter only to you. Don't dwell on them because it isn't the end of the world. Keep your head up and don't let anyone make you feel like they're not good enough. :nah:

Here's some info on medicine:

"Medicine/Veterinary/Dentistry
While a lot of people think that to get into any of these courses, you need at least 8 A*s to stand a chance, this is completely not the case for most universities. Even if you didn't do as well as you hoped in your GCSEs, you still have a chance at getting into these.
Have a look at these links and make sure you check with your universities before applying in case any information is out of date:
Medical school GCSE requirements"

Taken from here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3479293

Hope that has helped :hugs:
Reply 2
Thank you, that has really helped and made me feel better. 😀
Original post by Flirtiturtle
Thank you, that has really helped and made me feel better. 😀

You're welcome :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest