Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm a student from Greece and I plan to get my BSc in Computer Science from University of Hertfordshire.
    I have a 300£ budget for accommodation but I am not quite sure what are the monthly living expenses there (even though the Uni's website is quite informative but the informational is too general).

I definitely must have a broadband and landline as well as gas and electricity.

TL;DR - What are your living expenses (with Broadband, Landline, Gas, Electricity, Food and Misc but excluding room rental)?

ReputationRep:
    I was spending roughly £40 a month on broadband, landline, electric, gas and water. That was between 6 of us in a house so it might be a bit higher with less people. Then I was spending around £250 a month on other living costs, including: food, takeaways, as well as cigarettes, pre drinks, tickets and drinks inside for going out 2-3 times a week.

Going out much less in my first year I was probably spending around £150 on food and the occasional night out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.