The Student Room Group

Travel between Coventry and London

I've been accepted into a degree apprenticeship in London and wanted to know the cheapest way of commuting between Coventry and London Euston reliably? Train is the only option rn but the monthly tickets are incredibly expensive, what's the cheapest way of commuting there often (be it a monthly train ticket etc)? Moving there isn't an option sadly atp in time
Hi there! An annual pass might work out cheap(er), if you know that you'll be commuting for a whole year, but you should do the maths to check. If you're eligible for the 16-25 railcard or the 26-30 railcard, that'll provide you with a sweet discount of 1/3 off rail fares!
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Hi there! An annual pass might work out cheap(er), if you know that you'll be commuting for a whole year, but you should do the maths to check. If you're eligible for the 16-25 railcard or the 26-30 railcard, that'll provide you with a sweet discount of 1/3 off rail fares!

Is the 1/3rd off 16-25 railcards eligible for the monthly tickets? Because when using the Trainline app and checking it shows the same price. Thank you tho btw!! Annual is steep so I'd probably go monthly haha
Original post by aliiiiiiii.
Is the 1/3rd off 16-25 railcards eligible for the monthly tickets? Because when using the Trainline app and checking it shows the same price. Thank you tho btw!! Annual is steep so I'd probably go monthly haha

No problemo! I'm afraid it doesn't give you discounts on season tickets :frown:. But when I used to travel to and from my sixth form via train, buying individual tickets with the railcard was cheaper than buying season tickets! But again, you should do the maths yourself to check what's the cheapest option.

Quick Reply

Latest