The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

studying pharmacy at the university of hertfordshire.

Hey guys I'm looking to do Pharmacy at the University of Hertfordshire and I was wondering whether any current Pharmacy Students could comment on what is good and bad about the course, Uni Life. the town, timetables, the facilities for pharmacy and anything else you can think of?
I was also thinking of commuting from London to the uni. do you think it is doable?
Please be honest as anyone can go to the open day and hear the Uni trying to sell itself to prospective students.
Hey @Noname60 🙂
I was a student at Herts until September 2023, when I graduated, and now work in the Marketing team.

Completely understand you wanting to speak to other students, have you signed up to Unibuddy? Here you can speak to a Pharmacy ambassador, or join groups based on your interests and course of study to chat to current students and applicants without feeling like you're speaking to a salesperson! 😂

If it's worth anything, I would like to share my experiences from when I was a student here.

I started my course in 2020, when most classes were online as a result of the pandemic, and decided to commute/stay at home. In the few occasions that I did have to go to an in-person lesson, I found it pretty easy to get to Herts, catching one train that can take you there from North London within 25 mins! Once you get to Hatfield station, there are several busses that can take you to our College Lane or DeHav campuses within 15 minutes. Lockdowns made it difficult for any 1st year student to experience what University truly is, but when those were eased by the time 2nd year came around, my experiences changed significantly.

For 2nd year I decided to stay on campus (College Lane) and loved it! I had the pleasure to live with some great flatmates, meet people in my course who I still call friends today, and was able to make up for lost time. With events in the Forum every week, sports events and facilities, and easy access to neighbouring towns and cities, I found that there was a lot for me to do and have fun with.

In my 3rd, and final, year, I decided to stay at home again, purely because I felt like the financial benefit outweighed the idea of living the experience again. But nonetheless, I still had opportunities to take part in some of the fun events that someone who lives in/near campus would. Staff were incredibly supportive of me and helped my career get to a start after graduating.

Again, this is just my experience and would likely differ someone else's, particularly due to the timing of when my course began. I hope his helps and if you have any more questions, please shoot!

I'd also suggest attending the open day if you can, just so you can get a feel for everything we offer at Herts.

Good luck with your academic pursuits, we hope to see you at Herts soon!😀

Juan
Marketing
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending