The Student Room Group

I knew the answer but I couldn't say anything!?

So in college today I was totally embarrassed. I'm 14, so I'm taking my GCSE's. And I was in my maths class when the teacher asked me a question, (I won't bore you with what he asked) and I knew the answer straight away. But I couldn't say it? I have no Idea why? So I said the wrong answer. I knew straight after. So he gave me another chance and it took me like ages to actually say the right answer! Everyone was laughing at me, I was so embarrassed. It wasn't a hard question. So I have two questions.

Why couldn't I just say the right answer, even though I knew it?
Why did it take me so long, and I got all panicky?
Reply 1
I've done the same. In fact I did it in an A2 Biology class the other day, very embarrassing but a lot of people do it.

Try not to worry too much about it, people laughing at you have probably had similar experiences. Don't let this lower your confidence! :smile:
Original post by MissML
I've done the same. In fact I did it in an A2 Biology class the other day, very embarrassing but a lot of people do it.

Try not to worry too much about it, people laughing at you have probably had similar experiences. Don't let this lower your confidence! :smile:

Oh thank you! I felt like such an idiot. I'm not going to lie and say it hasn't be stressing me out. But knowing that I'm not the only one, helps. :smile:
In situations like this, the main thing to remember is that the day after it happens, the only person who will remember the incident is you.
no one else will care
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
In situations like this, the main thing to remember is that the day after it happens, the only person who will remember the incident is you.
no one else will care

Well I hope so. :smile: Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest