The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Question!

Being an applicant for Cambridge (a bit ambitious but still :P), I'm sure many people have had the same questions. I know in the SAQ from Cambridge we must declare our UMS, but if we have results worthy of specifying the actual results, do we mention them in our Personal Statement for other Universities to know?

For example, I could just say I achieved 4 A's, but saying I got >96% in Maths etc evidently looks better, so would these specific results form part of our Personal Statement usually?
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Being an applicant for Cambridge (a bit ambitious but still :P), I'm sure many people have had the same questions. I know in the SAQ from Cambridge we must declare our UMS, but if we have results worthy of specifying the actual results, do we mention them in our Personal Statement for other Universities to know?

For example, I could just say I achieved 4 A's, but saying I got >96% in Maths etc evidently looks better, so would these specific results form part of our Personal Statement usually?

I wouldn't advise putting them in your PS, it'd be a waste of characters in my opinion. I'd probably suggest just putting your individual unit grades on your UCAS application to show that you got good grades across the whole subject :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't put anything to do with the grades you've achieved in your statement- that's for your reference! As the above poster said, it would only be a waste of characters. Well done on your grades and good luck :smile:
Original post by ComputerMaths97

They would go in the reference.

Quick Reply

Latest