The Student Room Group

Soft Claws - Cruelty against cats?

Scroll to see replies

Lol @ Bukkake
Our 3 cats wear them. They can still climb trees, catch birds, scratch on scratching posts, do the things cats do. (Our garden has cat-proof fencing) Putting the caps on takes seconds and the cats genuinely don't care if they have them on or not - the claws still retract normally.
What can't the cats do? They can't damage furniture, climb curtains or protect themselves against other people's cats, but they never come into contact with other people's cats so that is a non-issue. One of our cats successfully caught and killed a rat whilst wearing them, anyway.

I put the pack on the carpet next to some cat treats and the cats wander over and sit down to have their claws checked and missing caps replaced. They'd hardly do that if they had an issue with the caps.

Not sure why people think they are cruel, unless they are stuck into outdoor cats who can't defend themselves.

Our vet loves them and wishes they were more widely used.
The best thing to do is simply remove the cat's legs and replace them with wheels
Original post by Tufts
The point is that they act as an alternative to declawing. They prevent the cat from scratching furniture, clothes, and you of course.

I'm still undecided :s-smilie:

and prevent the cat from using his/her claws for the purpose they are meant for ... shall we rip your nails out and glue your fingers together ?
Why can't I answer cruel and wtf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending