The Student Room Group

Lumia 950 Galaxy 6 or I phone 6

So this year for Christmas/ birthday My mum and dad said I can get a new phone 😊 So I have noted it down to 3 all with a difrent OS. I am ha I got real trouble deciding between these 3 they are( as you may have guessed fro the title):
1. The Lumia 950 ( The new widows phone)
2. The Galaxy 6 ( on android)
3. I phone 6 ( on IOS 6)

So I as wondering dose anyone have any of these phones . What do you think of them? I know that the Lumia is not out yet so if you got the old one. How do you find that. I am running a galaxy s3 at the moment and I really liked that phone but after 3 / years it's time to update.
Original post by New- Emperor
So this year for Christmas/ birthday My mum and dad said I can get a new phone 😊 So I have noted it down to 3 all with a difrent OS. I am ha I got real trouble deciding between these 3 they are( as you may have guessed fro the title):
3. I phone 6 ( on IOS 6)

So I as wondering dose anyone have any of these phones . What do you think of them? I know that the Lumia is not out yet so if you got the old one. How do you find that. I am running a galaxy s3 at the moment and I really liked that phone but after 3 / years it's time to update.

I'd rule out the Lumia straight away, Windows Phone has no support from developers and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Up to you whether you prefer iOS or Android - also the iPhone 6 shipped with iOS 8, and most have iOS 9 running on them now so you won't get iOS 6. :wink:
I'd go for Android personally.

Don't like iPhone's quite frankly , rip offs and your just paying for the name.

:smile:
I would prefer both Android and Windows Phone (Lumia 950). Windows 10 mobile gets Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps and you can use it as a PC using Continuum. Both OSes sometimes fun to tweak into, especially in rooted Android you can play with the kernel CPU, and others, and let's be honest, my friend told me that iPhones are made with only around £200 of cost for the materials, software, etc but sold above £800. So only for name.

Sent from my InFocus M320e using Tapatalk
Original post by New- Emperor
3. I phone 6 ( on IOS 6)

Hi,

They all look good phones, it just depends on what Operating System you prefer the most. However, I have noted that your last phone was a Galaxy S3. Did you like the experience with Android? Do you want to continue with Android, or try out a new OS?

Personally, I wouldn't get the Lumia - it's a great phone but there aren't the amount of apps available when compared to Android or iOS devices. Also, as another poster has commented already, you won't get the iPhone 6 on iOS 6 as iOS 6 is quite an old O\S nowadays - most iPhones that were launched in the last 2 years are probably able to use iOS 9. If @jameswhughes is correct in that the iPhone 6 shipped with iOS 8, you won't be able to roll back to iOS 6.

Out of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6, it depends on whether you prefer Android or iOS. Android offers more customizability and flexibility (you can install widgets to the home screen, and can install apps that are not directly from the Play Store), whereas iOS devices generally have more support in terms of updates (I know that iOS devices used to get OS updates for 3 years, I doubt this has changed but can't confirm) and the iPhone 6 or newer should natively run VoLTE (Voice Over LTE, or 4G Calling) on any network that supports it.

Hope that information helps somewhat - personally, I'd go with whatever OS you prefer, and stick with that. The iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 should last you for at least 3 years, possibly even longer.
Not Lumia 950. You can go for Galaxy 6, only if you want to use Android operating system. Otherwise iPhone 6 is the best option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending