The Student Room Group
You can get Google maps on your phone, which is nice.
Reply 2
What do you need to text to Vodafone? Anyone know?

It'd be handy when I'm abroad. Plus, does it cost lots...I'm on pay as you go.
Gem
What do you need to text to Vodafone? Anyone know?

It'd be handy when I'm abroad. Plus, does it cost lots...I'm on pay as you go.

Do you mean using MSN or normal SMS text messages?

Texting to/from abroad usually costs more, depending on your tariff.
Reply 4
theArchitect
Do you mean using MSN or normal SMS text messages?

Texting to/from abroad usually costs more, depending on your tariff.

I meant downloading an MSN thingy so it works on your mobile :smile:

And if it does work, does it cost a lot to be 'online', like 10p a minute or way more?!

Plus, I know texts are more expensive from abroad, but do they cost people who text abroad more (cos I text my mate in Australia and it doesn't cost me any more :confused: ) but will it still be expensive to send if I buy one of the vodafone 30 day text packages?

Sorry for all the questions, just I leave on Monday and I haven't actually thought about this! :redface:
Its completely free, but i've found it dosent work abroad. You'd think it would cost, wouldnt you, but it doesn't.

And I posted in GC to get more people to see it, but ah well.
Reply 6
that sounds pretty cool!
Reply 7
I used to have it working on my old phone over WAP. It meant that I had 300 free minutes of it per month, brilliant!
Cant get it working with my LG Chocolate though.
Reply 8
So, does anyone know any good sites I can download an MSN program, on my phone? :smile:
what network are you on Gem? it will probably make a big difference!
Reply 10
tis vodafone! :smile:
Reply 11

It's free on 3 because they have a special data tariff. On most networks you'd be paying for "packet data" usage, which is normally roughly 1p per kilobyte of data transferred. You'll probably also need a smartphone or something - I think the new Windows Mobile smartphones come with Windows Live Messenger, or you could use something like Agile Messenger.
snu
It's free on 3 because they have a special data tariff. On most networks you'd be paying for "packet data" usage, which is normally roughly 1p per kilobyte of data transferred. You'll probably also need a smartphone or something - I think the new Windows Mobile smartphones come with Windows Live Messenger, or you could use something like Agile Messenger.

i see

3 FTW :biggrin:
Reply 13
sir_inferno
when i was still on contract my bandwidth cost something ludicrous like £2.50 a megabyte...

just remember people, you probably only get a certain amount of data transfer for free...do it too much and you might get buggered over

Actually, we're starting to see reasonable data tariffs arriving. The most notable examples are 3 X-Series and T-Mobile web'n'walk.
Reply 14
You can use J2ME applications such as Flurry or QuickIM for MSN for older phones. Data compression is available for some of these apps:

http://www.getjar.com/software/universal/all/Search/messenger
Reply 15
N70 + 3 + Msn = :biggrin:
Minardi
N70 + 3 + Msn = :biggrin:

;yes;

same with me and my Sony Ericsson K610i :biggrin: Do you find people get confused when you talk to them on it tho? like: 'you're on MSN, on a bus?' hehe
yeah i use msn on my phone..i have a tmob webnwalk package quick useful to have if you like the feature of internet on the go. And especially godo for long journeys where an mp3 player to keep you occupied is simply not enough. You need a smart phone ideally. Xda series on o2 or MDA series on t-mobile are excellent choices. It doesnt cost alot more my t-mob webnwalk is only 3.25 ontop of my line rental a month..but for most peeps its 7.50 ontop of your monthly line rental
Reply 18
iceman_jondoe
yeah i use msn on my phone..i have a tmob webnwalk package quick useful to have if you like the feature of internet on the go. And especially godo for long journeys where an mp3 player to keep you occupied is simply not enough. You need a smart phone ideally. Xda series on o2 or MDA series on t-mobile are excellent choices. It doesnt cost alot more my t-mob webnwalk is only 3.25 ontop of my line rental a month..but for most peeps its 7.50 ontop of your monthly line rental

How come it's only £3.25 for you?
Reply 19
People are confused about the bus or train or whatever, but they soon get the idea. Most of my mates know now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending