The Student Room Group

Post graduate nursing degree choices

HiI am an undergraduate nursing student. I want to know what type of nursing I should study in the UK. Is it master's of science in nursing or master's of science in nursing with pre registration?
Reply 1
Hello
I am a nursing student interested in studying master's degree in nursing in the UK.
Is the pre registration nursing for me? Or should I consider master's os science in nursing?
Reply 2
Original post by Teemaa
Hello
I am a nursing student interested in studying master's degree in nursing in the UK.
Is the pre registration nursing for me? Or should I consider master's os science in nursing?

Hello there,
If you're a nursing student without a bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN), you may want to consider pre-registration nursing. Pre-registration nursing programs are typically for students with a non-nursing background, and they lead to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) qualification, which is a requirement for many advanced nursing roles.

On the other hand, if you already have a BSN or equivalent nursing qualification and want to pursue advanced nursing education, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) might be more suitable for you. MSN programs often offer specialized tracks, allowing you to focus on areas like nurse practitioner, nurse educator, or nurse administrator, depending on your career interests.

I hope this might help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending