The Student Room Group

Medicine degree

Any help with were to find a school that do equivalency for a medicine degree? I hold a MSN degree from the U.S.
Original post by adawi_mohd
Any help with were to find a school that do equivalency for a medicine degree? I hold a MSN degree from the U.S.

A nursing degree is not equivalent to a medical degree and you won't be able to practice medicine as a doctor in the UK with only the nursing qualification, wherever you obtained it.

If you are asking "are there courses I can do after my nursing degree to become a doctor" then the answer is yes, you can do a medical degree after your nursing qualification. There are accelerated graduate entry medicine courses as well as standard entry courses. The UK medical degree is variously called MBBS/BM/MBChB/etc, as it's an undergraduate level qualification. Standard entry courses are 5-6 years long, accelerated graduate entry (GEM) courses ate 4 years long (there are one or two designed for dental graduates training to be maxillofacial surgeons which are 3 years long but those are very specific).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending