The Student Room Group

Revision sites

I have my end of first year exams coming up, not UK medical school, its gig to be MCQ style. I like studying doing questions, what would be the best site to use? BMA or pastiest or anything you guys would recommend?
Reply 1
Update

I prefer if the questions are module based like, CVS, Respi Haemo and so on.

One examination or pastest, anyone who have used these in the past which one would you guys recommend ?
Is this for pre-clin or clinical medicine?

I've used them all at one point or another for clinical medicine. They all have options to select individual specialties.

I think the best choice depends on your medical school questions and your own taste to an extent. They usually have a free trial of questions which can help you decide. PassMedicine is by far my favourite - the cheapest by a fair way and lots of questions based on guidelines and clinical decision making which was the key thing tested in our exams. Also has good, concise notes. The other two come with various bells and whistles such as videos which I never used but might be worth checking out on their websites.
Reply 3
Original post by evil_abed
Is this for pre-clin or clinical medicine?

I've used them all at one point or another for clinical medicine. They all have options to select individual specialties.

I think the best choice depends on your medical school questions and your own taste to an extent. They usually have a free trial of questions which can help you decide. PassMedicine is by far my favourite - the cheapest by a fair way and lots of questions based on guidelines and clinical decision making which was the key thing tested in our exams. Also has good, concise notes. The other two come with various bells and whistles such as videos which I never used but might be worth checking out on their websites.

for pre-clinical
There's lots of resources out there so I would recommend asking people in the year above or mentioning which medical school you go to so people can better help you. At the medical school I went to I mainly used lectures and used some question booklets that were tailored to my course or searched for some apps on my phone. Same for the clinical exams, a few people recommended certain textbooks like Macleod's, Masterpass and certain websites. Which medical school do you go to?
Reply 5
Original post by PenguinPro
There's lots of resources out there so I would recommend asking people in the year above or mentioning which medical school you go to so people can better help you. At the medical school I went to I mainly used lectures and used some question booklets that were tailored to my course or searched for some apps on my phone. Same for the clinical exams, a few people recommended certain textbooks like Macleod's, Masterpass and certain websites. Which medical school do you go to?

Thank you, for your reply. :smile:

Studying at IMU, Malaysia.
Original post by Jeeva28
Thank you, for your reply. :smile:

Studying at IMU, Malaysia.

Don't forget past year papers, quite a few universities (as much as they deny it) tend to recycle questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending