The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men assessment help :/

Hello,

I'm 25 and studying my English GCSE, I got an A in my first assessment on the spoken language study and we're onto our 2nd assessment which is on the 8th December. Our assessment question is 'Explore the ways in which John Steinbeck presents ideas about the good and bad in people in Of Mice and Men.'

I can't seem to get my head around 'presents ideas about the good and bad in people'

Just wondering if anyone had any advice or help?

Thanks!
Hey, luckily for you I was pretty damn good at Of Mice and Men!
The question is basically asking you, 'How does the book show the good and the bad in people'. An easy person for this would be Lenny. He is like a big bear, he is very soft and child-like which often shows the good in him. However this can also show the bad in him, this is shown when he handles the mice/puppies too much leading to their death.
Just go through every character, see what is good and bad in them and say how the author has portrayed this. Use quotes too! It will help you expand on what you are trying to say.
Reply 2
Original post by DevonWhite
Hey, luckily for you I was pretty damn good at Of Mice and Men!
The question is basically asking you, 'How does the book show the good and the bad in people'. An easy person for this would be Lenny. He is like a big bear, he is very soft and child-like which often shows the good in him. However this can also show the bad in him, this is shown when he handles the mice/puppies too much leading to their death.
Just go through every character, see what is good and bad in them and say how the author has portrayed this. Use quotes too! It will help you expand on what you are trying to say.

Thank you so much, sounds so easy when you break it down like that. We've got to pick out features from quotes with at least 3 characters and then give the quote for the example and analyse the crap out of it. I just couldn't think how to link the analyse to the question because I couldn't understand it.

THANK YOU! :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending