The Student Room Group

'Past Papers'

Very often on here I find people asking for past papers from this year, claiming they want it for 'revision'.
Why don't they understand that cheating doesn't do you any good?

If you didn't understand what I've just said, past papers from the current year are most likely to be used as your mock exam papers, so in effect having a look at them early is cheating.
Original post by Mayhem™
Very often on here I find people asking for past papers from this year, claiming they want it for 'revision'.

If you didn't understand what I've just said, past papers from the current year are most likely to be used as your mock exam papers, so in effect having a look at them early is cheating.

I guess people care too much about impressing their teachers and parents, and will do anything to ensure they get a top mark in the exam.

Laziness is probably also a big factor
Reply 2
It's funny how students who claim to want the papers for "revision" all seem to pop up around the same time. Hmmm.......
Original post by Joshua-P
It's funny how students who claim to want the papers for "revision" all seem to pop up around the same time. Hmmm.......

Yes, the amount of cheating on here is ludicrously high. You are one who also cheats (often on English Controlled Assessments) so you can't really talk.
Reply 4
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Yes, the amount of cheating on here is ludicrously high. You are one who also cheats (often on English Controlled Assessments) so you can't really talk.

How can you validate your claims that I cheat on English Controlled Assessments? If you're going to throw around accusations please at least support your claims.
Original post by Joshua-P
How can you validate your claims that I cheat on English Controlled Assessments? If you're going to throw around accusations please at least support your claims.

I wouldn't have accused you of cheating if it wasn't for surplus habits of posting requests aimed at people who can validate and re-write your work. You shall not detriment AQA's Controlled Assessment rules implemented to provide every student with a fair opportunity of acquiring the much needed skills for later life; please abide by these protocols. Would you want to have all your GCSEs ungraded owing to the complete disobedience on your part? No, I thought not.

Chat **** get banged.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mayhem™

They care more about what mark they will get in the mock exam than whether it will help them in the real thing.

Also "Well... reading the mark scheme and going through the paper is kinda revision anyway... sort of" type excuses/self-delusion xD
Reply 7
Original post by Mayhem™

why do you care? and more importantly, why dont you understand that the people who cheat dont care about what you think?
i cant stand threads like these, i mean, whats the point? are you trying to make people who cheat 'rethink their life choices', 'do themselves better'? if not, then why bother creating threads like these when ive already seen countless posts and threads like this?

I wouldn't have accused you of cheating if it wasn't for surplus habits of posting requests aimed at people who can validate and re-write your work. You shall not detriment AQA's Controlled Assessment rules implemented to provide every student with a fair opportunity of acquiring the much needed skills for later life; please abide by these protocols. Would you want to have all your GCSEs ungraded owing to the complete disobedience on your part? No, I thought not.

Chat **** get banged.

please, if you call that cheating then you must be oblivious as to what goes on inside your school. my sister got an A* in english lit at a level and trained to be an english teacher, so isnt it common sense that i have her check over and correct my CA work when i draft it? the only rule in CAs that i know of is that your teacher cannot fully help you and you have to write your own work. teachers encourage you to seek advice from and check your peers work so its quite petty for you to call this out as 'cheating'.

i have definitely cheated in coursework (dont get me started on art) as has probably 90% of my year. cheating is so controversial so my opinion is always: if you dont like it just keep quiet because either way, nobody cares.
Original post by asphyxiax
why do you care? and more importantly, why dont you understand that the people who cheat dont care about what you think?
i cant stand threads like these, i mean, whats the point? are you trying to make people who cheat 'rethink their life choices', 'do themselves better'? if not, then why bother creating threads like these when ive already seen countless posts and threads like this?

please, if you call that cheating then you must be oblivious as to what goes on inside your school. my sister got an A* in english lit at a level and trained to be an english teacher, so isnt it common sense that i have her check over and correct my CA work when i draft it? the only rule in CAs that i know of is that your teacher cannot fully help you and you have to write your own work. teachers encourage you to seek advice from and check your peers work so its quite petty for you to call this out as 'cheating'.

i have definitely cheated in coursework (dont get me started on art) as has probably 90% of my year. cheating is so controversial so my opinion is always: if you dont like it just keep quiet because either way, nobody cares.

It is cheating but everyone does it anyway lol
Reply 9

Chat **** get banged.

I never asked anyone to validate and most certainly I did not request anyone to re-write my work: I merely asked for feedback on paragraphs and how I could improve upon my work. Students are encouraged to seek help and if having discussions with other people helps me, then what is the issue? The work I produce is most certainly all by me. The rules are extremely broad and open to interpretation: asking someone to read a piece of writing alone is not cheating. As for your comment about everyone having a fair chance: did you know this is a public forum? Any student could come on here and do the same as me, which gives everyone a fair and equal opportunity. Everyone asks people to read controlled assessments. I bet your school doesn't abide by the rules 100% and lots of schools, especially for languages, check controlled assessment drafts before the controlled assessment takes place. I don't know why you'd waste your energy targeting me.

Let's be perfectly honest here: you're nothing but an illiterate git, if you cannot complete an English Controlled Assessment that is entirely of your own. Furthermore, the fact that one simply cheats on an English examination suggests their suspected immigration to the UK.
Reply 11
Let's be perfectly honest here: you're nothing but an illiterate git, if you cannot complete an English Controlled Assessment that is entirely of your own. Furthermore, the fact that one simply cheats on an English examination suggests their suspected immigration to the UK.

lol sorry what? do you think youre so much more better than me because you type with capitals and full stops? im 110% white and british so are you trying to call me an immigrant as an insult ? if so thats kind of low but if not, your logic is quite funny :wink:
lol sorry what? do you think youre so much more better than me because you type with capitals and full stops?

:lol:

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Quick Reply

Latest