The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
If TSR had a chatroom

:moon:
Reply 21
Original post by Roving Fish
It all ends in tears, no matter what chat interface you use. Tinychat, IRC, Shoutbox. A few people ruin it for everybody. This then means any drama that's happened offsite is then brought onsite, CT or the Support Team don't know about anything that's happened and won't have any proof. This will then lead to endless support queries in AtCT taking up yet more of CT's time. What's wrong with using the chat forum for your chat room? :smile:

Tinychat you'll have people trolling with music and vulgar cams, right? I'm no expert on internet chatrooms but I remember from a game I used to play we used IRC.

If people wanted one they could make one, whether it's official or not. I personally wouldn't use it so it means nothing to me :smile:
Original post by Clomper
Tinychat you'll have people trolling with music and vulgar cams, right? I'm no expert on internet chatrooms but I remember from a game I used to play we used IRC.

If people wanted one they could make one, whether it's official or not. I personally wouldn't use it so it means nothing to me :smile:

I would use it, but only to hurl abuse at some of the other members.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thunder_chunky
I do miss the chat box a bit. :moon:

As do I. Sigh.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
If TSR had a chatroom it would probably get closed because some special snowflake would call up Captain Jack and complain about some of the users.

That's right, they'd call up a website.

Who actually was that?

(who got the shout box or whatever it was closed down)
Original post by Clomper

They do, and then it creates the ultimate **** storm. I think even our policy is to remove tinychat threads.

That's no moon.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
If TSR had a chatroom it would probably get closed because some special snowflake would call up Captain Jack and complain about some of the users.

That's right, they'd call up a website.

lol

It all ends in tears, no matter what chat interface you use. Tinychat, IRC, Shoutbox. A few people ruin it for everybody. This then means any drama that's happened offsite is then brought onsite, CT or the Support Team don't know about anything that's happened and won't have any proof. This will then lead to endless support queries in AtCT taking up yet more of CT's time. What's wrong with using the chat forum for your chat room? :smile:

you suck the fun out of life
Original post by darkred
you suck the fun out of life

Nice1.
Original post by william walker
Well that's an easy one. @REMLewis is crazier than a box of squirrels on crack. I mean that in a good way, hilarious way. :smile:

another sweet compliment Will, i thank you :h:

Spoiler

Lol at the TSR members who don't know that a chatroom did once exist on here..
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lol at the TSR members who don't know that a chatroom did once exist on here..

Who was it who actually got the shoutbox pulled though?

This is like TSR history, I need to know
oh yeah...no.

Spoiler

Original post by RulesforRadicals

No, you don't.
No, you don't.

Yes I do :angelblush:

It's goss yo
The amount of drama that must of happened must have been tremendous if the function is now removed :lol:
Original post by aamirac
The amount of drama that must of happened must have been tremendous if the function is now removed :lol:

Imagine drama, then multiply that by 50.
Original post by RulesforRadicals

They used to plot against other users and spam their threads with horrible memes to ruin it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EngStudent123
They used to plot against other users and spam their threads with horrible memes to ruin it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM me

I won't say :x

Latest