The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

John Paul Jones
guiness is rank, it's like drinking unadulturated Texan oil,

what not drink some Argentinian or French white wine?? so much nicer for a girl than a guiness lol :biggrin:

its not actually guiness...its tia maria with baileys on the top...which floats and make it look like a guiness and i do like wine aswell!!!! see you dont know everything JPJ...lol :tongue:
littleredfrog
its not actually guiness...its tia maria with baileys on the top...which floats and make it look like a guiness and i do like wine aswell!!!! see you dont know everything JPJ...lol :tongue:

hahahha......well, i may not know what a 'baby guiness' is because i don't drink in fancy places , only my local :biggrin:

but i know loads of other interesting things lol
I'm gonna stock up on absinthe before I go.

MB
I drink Russky Standart ("Russian Standard") vodka when I can, it's absolutely superb. I can keep drinking it and drinking it getting more and more drunk without feeling ill at all...
Helenia
What's the point in drinking to pass the time, especially on your own?

That's what I think, I've got a mate who drinks in his bedroom on his own. I think he's an alcoholic on the sly, he drinks cider every day (at least two 3 litres).

Anyway, I drink mainly fosters and never Stella, it just takes like shit.
Reply 25
I'll be raiding my grandma's cellar (there's so much there that we have to THROW OUT wine because it's gone off! So i think she won't mind or notice... she hasn't so far) i'll probably stock up on an assorted case of white wines, a case of Rijoca, half a case of Whatever whisky she's go the most of at the time...

Ughh how can people butcher Coke with Bourbon Whisky?! Of course it would be worse to spoil Scotch Whisky with Coke...

Of course for when i'm not about to visit my grandma, and no one's about to visit from Russia and bring me proper vodka, i'll just have to make do with student bar Guiness... unless they only have that "extra cold" bullsh*t...

I can't really drink most beers typically avalible in uk pubs after living in germany for 6 months... they all taste of sh*t. Stella is just about bearable, Fosters is crap, and Carling has always been crap... and Bud... that doesn't even qualify as a beer.
fully
Well, most of us are going to be commencing life as uni students this september and entering the delightfull world of skintdom. So what do you reckon you will be drinking by the time we are all drowning heavilly in our overdrafts??

As for me I'm already experimenting with the cheaper range of drinks... sherry and lemonade is most tasty and bargainus... mind you as my hall sells fosters at 50p a pint I might not need to get too adventurous!

Drats, I'm a shots girl, and will drink anything from 6-11 in one night out, which really isn't good for my finances. Luckily with the exams my shots excursions are far and few.

Umm...that's really not a cheap option is it.
I think I'll be drinking cheap waitrose paint-stripper home made shots by the end of my first year :biggrin:
Reply 27
Take a small bottle out in your bag. Take a glass one though because vodka does nasty things to plastic!
Reply 28
I think sherry is still the most sensible and thrifty suggestion. Its cheap and packed with alcohol, so a little really does go faaaar.....

If people ever get desperate, wine in boxes from supermarkets is most cheap, plentifull and gaurenteed to get you pissed... it just tastes like piss!
blissy
Take a small bottle out in your bag. Take a glass one though because vodka does nasty things to plastic!

Good Idea! We were discussing today, after physics, whether we could sneak supermarket bought bottles of 'smirnoff ice' and the like into clubs. Once you get it out it looks no different to one bought at the bar.
Oh yeah, get a huge plastic bin. Brewers yeast tablets (plenty), 6 bags of sugar (more if you want). fillit 3/4 full with water. Gaffer tape the lid to the main body of the bin and leave in your airing cupboard. Once fermented put into smaller bottles and put in your freezer. The liquid left when most is frozen is about 70%!!!

also try my recipe for mars bar vodka. Get a bottle of vodka. Drink a third. get lots of mars bars and chop them up small and push them into the bottle so it's almost full. Put the lid back on and give it a cycle in a dishwasher. the chocolate will all melt and it will be warm. Great for cold winter nights.

MB
Reply 31
Mysticmin
Good Idea! We were discussing today, after physics, whether we could sneak supermarket bought bottles of 'smirnoff ice' and the like into clubs. Once you get it out it looks no different to one bought at the bar.

Well this is why you need to take neat vodka. If they do a bag search (which sometimes they do) they will probably confiscate. They woudl be more likely to suspect something if you go in with a big bag :biggrin:
musicboy
Oh yeah, get a huge plastic bin. Brewers yeast tablets (plenty), 6 bags of sugar (more if you want). fillit 3/4 full with water. Gaffer tape the lid to the main body of the bin and leave in your airing cupboard. Once fermented put into smaller bottles and put in your freezer. The liquid left when most is frozen is about 70%!!!

also try my recipe for mars bar vodka. Get a bottle of vodka. Drink a third. get lots of mars bars and chop them up small and push them into the bottle so it's almost full. Put the lid back on and give it a cycle in a dishwasher. the chocolate will all melt and it will be warm. Great for cold winter nights.

MB

Ha ha, bet you mum loves you for the mars bar vodka trick at your house parties :tongue:
blissy
Well this is why you need to take neat vodka. If they do a bag search (which sometimes they do) they will probably confiscate. They woudl be more likely to suspect something if you go in with a big bag :biggrin:

bummer, ok, small bottle of neat vodka, tucked away in a place they can't search :smile: Have you tried it before blissy?

Latest

Trending

Trending