The Student Room Group

can i achieve well for my GCSES?

if I'm currently predicted C's is it possible to get A/A*s by the end of the year?
Reply 1
Yep.

If you're sitting the higher papers why wouldn't it be? GCSEs are what you make of them.
Original post by Afgsed
if I'm currently predicted C's is it possible to get A/A*s by the end of the year?

There is certainly time to greatly improve if you are willing to put in the work. It seems a bit ambitious to hope you can make such dramatic change across all of your subjects so think about what is important to your aims for the future and focus your time and effort on things that matter to you. It's always important to get as good a grade in English and maths as you possibly can. What else are you good at or interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its GCSE just memorise the ****ing revision guide.
Original post by Afgsed

im predicted the same, ive basically got b's on my course-works and an A in English lit.

If you start revising now there is no reason why you can't.
Original post by whydoidothis?
Its GCSE just memorise the ****ing revision guide.

I've seen many people post this in the GCSE section. Could you elaborate on how to go about memorising the revision guides? With about 2.5k pages to get through I don't quite grasp how people are to do this.
Original post by Josh Lyman
I've seen many people post this in the GCSE section. Could you elaborate on how to go about memorising the revision guides? With about 2.5k pages to get through I don't quite grasp how people are to do this.

My GCSE science revision guide was 48 pages long. Of actual content.
Thats 144 pages for all three sciences. For geography you memorise 20 pages of a GCP guide(very thin). For subjects like RE and Business studies you should be able to read the guide once before the exam and remember it to get an A* its common sense. My business guide was bout 200 pages.
For languages you need no revision, can't really revise.
For English just learn exam technique, thats about it.
For maths just do some past papers.
I also did music, another subject you can't really revise for. Just know the definitions, if you play an instrument you should know it all anyway.

Have no idea where 2.5k pages come from mate.
Reply 7
Thats 144 pages for all three sciences. For geography you memorise 20 pages of a GCP guide(very thin). For subjects like RE and Business studies you should be able to read the guide once before the exam and remember it to get an A* its common sense. My business guide was bout 200 pages.
I also did music, another subject you can't really revise for. Just know the definitions, if you play an instrument you should know it all anyway.

I'm doing that tbf, I been memorizing the cgp text books for sciences, its pretty helpfullll. and yh 2.5k pages, tf you're on one lad
(edited 8 years ago)

10+ revision books with about 250 pages in each.

Quick Reply

Latest