The Student Room Group

'Bill Cosby is a rapist.' Give it a rest, lynch mob. No, he isn't.

Scroll to see replies

Talking about rape accusations in general, it seems that it is "guilty until proven innocent" and not the other way around, and even if there is overwhelming evidence that it was a false rape accusation, there are still a lot of people who think that the "victim" is still a "victim". What about being concerned about the truth, what about gathering evidence and listening to both sides of the story?
It's very damaging to be called a rapist when you aren't actually one.
Rape hysteria and rape culture concerning women in the developed world is a product of modern feminism, where they would rather set up protests and cause chaos,damage property and make threats as soon as a women cries rape; and if you are concerned about finding out the truth instead of blindly believing, then you are a rape apologist.They don't care if the man actually did the crime or not, or about his family and people closet to him (because they get hurt too).
If you don't know where I'm coming from, check out the rape case of "jackie" on UVA campus:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/12/everything-we-know-uva-rape-case.html
where "Jackie" never got punished for lying and people still believe her (#istandwithjackie)
OP, you make a valid point: until he has been tried and convicted, he isn't a rapist, and it's not fair to label him so.

But: I think you've taken that important principle, and twisted it to suit your own politically motivated aims - which is disappointing. This isn't about feminism; there is no conspiracy here.
I agree with you here. Though its not an opinion i share publicly lest i be branded a rape apologist.

Not a fan of mob justice and a firm believer of "innocent untill proven guilty".
Original post by KimKallstrom
Actually Torquemada is closer to being a Neo-Nazi from my observation.

Fair enough that means he's a lefty. Welcome on board Torquemada!
Unless its a federal offence, which will make it US 'Federal' law.
Original post by KimKallstrom

Speaking of YouTube comment sections, you ever wonder why like half of all video's comments bits, no matter what the subject, turns into arguments about black people, Jews and more Jews? People like him. The video content can be absolutely anything in the world but it always dissolves into that lol.

The way to spot these people are phrases like "cultural Marxism" and "degenerates" lol.

ha yeah also "white genocide"
Original post by keromedic
I agree with you here. Though its not an opinion i share publicly lest i be branded a rape apologist.

Not a fan of mob justice and a firm believer of "innocent untill proven guilty".

I completely agree; however I'm also not a fan of this idea OP seems to support of treating potential victims like they're criminals, with hostile suspicion
Bill Cosby said it himself. He gave the women drugs then ask them to sip wine. He is not denying anything. So if someone drugs you up and gets drunk then have sex with you after that is not rape? Then i don't know what is. I get he is a famous celebrity but doesn't mean he is incapable of doing that nor does it mean people should be quick to defend him. If Bill Cosby is denying these claims then it is doing a crappy job doing it. You can't deny drugging women then admit you did afterwards. The man is pretty much telling all the details but in Bill's mind "hey y'all it was not rape".

"When you got the quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?" Troiani asked."Yes," Cosby answered.

While Cosby admitted that he acquired seven prescriptions of Quaaludes with the intent to give the sedatives to young women he wanted to have sex with, he has not admitted to actually drugging any of his accusers.He did say he gave drugs to "other people," but when Troiani began to ask Cosby if he gave other people Quaaludes knowing they were illegal, Cosby's attorney interjected and said that his client acknowledged giving them only to a woman whose name is redacted.Cosby later testified that he "misunderstood. Woman, meaning (the woman whose name is redacted), not women" -- even though Troiani had used neither word in her question."You gave them to other people?" Troiani had previously asked, to which the comedian replied, "Yes."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eigo-Jin
Talking about rape accusations in general, it seems that it is "guilty until proven innocent" and not the other way around, and even if there is overwhelming evidence that it was a false rape accusation, there are still a lot of people who think that the "victim" is still a "victim". What about being concerned about the truth, what about gathering evidence and listening to both sides of the story?
It's very damaging to be called a rapist when you aren't actually one.
Rape hysteria and rape culture concerning women in the developed world is a product of modern feminism, where they would rather set up protests and cause chaos,damage property and make threats as soon as a women cries rape; and if you are concerned about finding out the truth instead of blindly believing, then you are a rape apologist.They don't care if the man actually did the crime or not, or about his family and people closet to him (because they get hurt too).
If you don't know where I'm coming from, check out the rape case of "jackie" on UVA campus:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/12/everything-we-know-uva-rape-case.html
where "Jackie" never got punished for lying and people still believe her (#istandwithjackie)

[video="youtube;r-Y0dTNH7Ns"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Y0dTNH7Ns[/video]
The OP is an absolute nutjob who clearly has some issues.
It's one thing supporting men's issues - that's fine. But he doesn't do that, he actively hates women.
'Women haters' like him tend to be lonely virgins angry at women because they find such men to be pathetic, victim-mentality loners.
Original post by DiddyDec
Does "innocent until proven guilty" ring any bells?
Presumed innocent under the pretence of providing a fair trail, is not quite the same thing as being innocent until proven guilty. This is why a jury might find him not guilty, but they wont find him innocent.

People have to first believe he is guilty for it to come to trail, there has to be sufficient evidence to actually convince people to spend money. Public or otherwise.

So it might be better to assume that if someone this rich and influential is being brought to trail, he is guilty as sin, and there is such compelling evidence that he can't even buy his way out via high class lawyers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Mactotaur
55 people accusing him of raping them, last I heard. Some of them might be money-hungry, but I'd bet money that he's guilty of indecent assault against at least one of them. Obviously he's not guilty until found so.

Women in generally automatically side with other women. This is not a logical exercise but a biological and emotional one, resultant from how we evolved. Thus, if one girl had aggressive sex with Cosby and enjoyed it, but later found out that many other women had aggressive sex with him and didn't enjoy it, then the first girl is more likely to think that perhaps she shouldn't have enjoyed it. And eventually that will lead her to believe that she didn't enjoy it. And after seeing Cosby with enough beautiful woman other than her, her and those other women will be so resentful of the fact that they will - after the fact - change their feelings (not thoughts) into "It was rape!"

Anyone who has much experience with women knows that for most women, most of the time their reality is contingent on how they feel in the present. Thus there is no objective reality, only subjective ever changing reality. Most women are inherently solipsistic.

This is why 30 years ago these women didn't think anything of their time with Cosby but now that "Times have changed" and "People think differently" their memory has magically been altered from one of consensual sex into rape, to suit how they view themselves today.

I'm not saying Cosby didn't rape them. He might well have. But if he is proven innocent - or not proven guilty - the above is what has happened.
(edited 8 years ago)
I doubt that it's a case of if he's found guilty, more like when and on how many counts.
Original post by DriverUpdate
Presumed innocent under the pretence of providing a fair trail, is not quite the same thing as being innocent until proven guilty. This is why a jury might find him not guilty, but they wont find him innocent.

People have to first believe he is guilty for it to come to trail, there has to be sufficient evidence to actually convince people to spend money. Public or otherwise.

So it might be better to assume that if someone this rich and influential is being brought to trail, he is guilty as sin, and there is such compelling evidence that he can't even buy his way out via high class lawyers.

You should never assume anything.
Original post by 41b
I'm not saying Cosby didn't rape them. He might well have. But if he is proven innocent - or not proven guilty - the above is what has happened.

I wouldn't dispute an innocent verdict. However, saying that if he's not proven guilty then the accusations are due to, essentially, mob mentality is just wrong. It could be simply that there is not enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did rape these women. Not that they thought back and regretted it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending