The Student Room Group

Scottish unis Maths entry requirement?

Hi guys

I was taking a look at the league tables for maths and their corresponding entry requirements. Now I seen Dundee which is ranked at 8th place ask for a BBC minimum, and BBB normally. Glasgow are ranked 15th, and ask for BBB minimum and AAB normally. Universities ranked lower ask for at least AAB so what's the catch? Am I missing something? Does someone know why they are so low for the Scottish universities?
Reply 1
First point, Dundee is not that great (the city or the university) unless it's about biological/medical science-related stuff. Second, degrees in Scotland are traditionally a year longer due to the different high school system. This means that a normal BSc(Hons) degree takes 4 year instead of 3, a MMath takes 5 instead of 4 ect. A-level students can enter straight into 2nd year (same as 1st year at an English uni more or less) so they can do their degree in 3 years. Third, if a uni states what a typical offer is (Glasgow's AAB ect) then that is probably what the offer you'd get from them would be. They might ask for higher grades for 2nd year entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest