The Student Room Group

Litvinenko- Why are people shocked?

If you haven't heard already Litvenenko a former KGB agent, who later started cooperating with M16 and other European intelligence agencies such as the Spanish was today confirmed to probably have been ordered directly by Putin to be assassinated. A terrible murder, but why are people so shocked? Surely if you switch intelligence services you can expect some sort of trouble especially if you were part of the Russian ones. Are people just overreacting? Again his murder was terrible and I feel for his widow and his son, but you can't suddenly start issuing travel bans on Putin, when a few clicks on Wikileaks will shows how intelligence services around the world from Mossad to the M16 have carried out numerous assassinations and poisionings throughout history. Double standards or nah??
(edited 8 years ago)
It's not the murder that is unacceptable (less so 'shocking'), it's that it was done on British soil.
This thursday was moving quite slowly tbh, needed something to talk about
Why are people treating this as it is a fact? Maybe I'm ignorant but probably means there is some doubt. Unless they can prove it, then it didn't happen.

Hillary Clinton has said Russia probably downed flight MH17. PROBABLY. They said this from the very beginning, as soon as the damn thing happened.

Yet the investigation hasn't proved it. We know the plane was hit by a missile and of course it was a Russian BUILT missile. Much of Ukraine's hardware is old Soviet crap.

We're seeing a lot of anti-Russian propaganda to ramp up support for war. You people are falling for it.
I know right, as if Britain hasn't killed people on Russian soil before lol ok
Its kind of hilariously childish really, the FBI or CIA or some American Agency accused Putin of having aspergers, then this guy accuses him of being a paedophile and gets poloniumed. Its like a life and death version of playground insults. As for governmental hypocrisy who is surprised really whatever country it comes from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending