The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KINGYusuf
How the hell did you do so good at Physics?

It's not 'so good', but mainly luck.
Original post by Zacken
It's not 'so good', but mainly luck.

Well I suck at it, you're in another league lmao
Original post by KINGYusuf
Well I suck at it, you're in another league lmao

The boundaries are quite forgiving, so I'm sure you'll be fine. :-)
Original post by Danllo
Where do Edexcel seem to get there questions from for Maths ?

I think thats what we're all trying to find out lol
Also drop mark on the stupid binomial expansion. Is there any features on your calculate that can help to validify a binomial expansion?
Original post by GeologyMaths
Also drop mark on the stupid binomial expansion. Is there any features on your calculate that can help to validify a binomial expansion?

Just do it slow honestly, don't try to do the coefficient of the x^4 etc terms in your head and you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh I remember the C4 exam, those were the good old days...

Carefully put it all into your calculator. I use A LOT of brackets when I'm doing binomial expansion
E.g

(12)(12)(3x)22!\dfrac{(\frac{1}{2})(-\frac{1}{2})(3x)^2}{2!}

Obviously for the 3x^2 I just do (3)^2 and multiply x^2 to what my calculator outputs.
So:

(12)(12)(3)22!×x2\dfrac{(\frac{1}{2})(-\frac{1}{2})(3)^2}{2!} \times x^2
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dohaeris
Have you done any CIE A-levels, out of interest? My school has an odd system where they do Edexcel Maths, but then CIE for every other subject :/ I suppose the CIE maths is considered too difficult

I can't say I have, but I would have loved to do CIE Physics over Edexcel.

If you want to expand (1x)1/2(1-x)^{-1/2} say, plug in a (small, so c. 0.1) value of xx into your binomial to get, for example (10.1)1/2=0.91/21.054(1-0.1)^{-1/2} = 0.9^{-1/2} \approx 1.054 then plug this value of xx into your expansion for the first 2/3/4 terms and see how close to the actual value it is, usually it should be very close as it converges very fast/polynomially and your (small) value of xx ensures convergence.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 730
Hi, on the crash Maths website there are only certain papers that I can click onto. For example, I can't access the C3 and C4 Papers for Practice set B and C. Does anyone have access to these papers ? If so please could you share them with me, thanks.
Original post by Danllo
Hi, on the crash Maths website there are only certain papers that I can click onto. For example, I can't access the C3 and C4 Papers for Practice set B and C. Does anyone have access to these papers ? If so please could you share them with me, thanks.

@kingaaran
Original post by Danllo

If you can't click on the papers, it means I haven't got round to making them yet. Sorry!

I am trying to make them as quickly as I can, as well as the mark schemes, but they will be done by mid April, before the exams.

Glad you're finding them useful.
Reply 733
Original post by kingaaran
If you can't click on the papers, it means I haven't got round to making them yet. Sorry!

I am trying to make them as quickly as I can, as well as the mark schemes, but they will be done by mid April, before the exams.

Ah okay, no worries. They are very good papers by the way ! I would really like to do some more papers if u get time to make them
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Danllo
Ah okay, no worries. They are very good papers by the way ! I would really like to do some more papers if u get time to make them

C3 SET B will be released by the end of next week :smile:
Reply 735
[QUOTE=kingaaran;63505523]C3 SET B will be released by the end of next week :smile:

Thank you ! Please could u try and get C4 done if u have time 😁
Original post by kingaaran

Where r ur papers at?
Where r ur papers at?

http://crashmaths.com/a-level-papers/

What was the question/error like? Maybe there is a good way of checking it or doing it in your head quite quickly.
Original post by SeanFM
What was the question/error like? Maybe there is a good way of checking it or doing it in your head quite quickly.

Stupid errors like

[br]1313[br][br]\dfrac{1}{3} \dfrac{-1}{3} [br]
au lieu of
[br]1323[br][br]\dfrac{1}{3} \dfrac{-2}{3}[br]basically since 1/2-1 = -1/2, i think 1/3-1=-1/3
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending