The Student Room Group

Wicked (The Musical)

Scroll to see replies

Her contract expires next April.
Boq Dillamond
Her contract expires next April.

Yay so almost a year still :smile: I bet she'll go in April
Yeah I agree, I think she will and although I love her as Glinda, I agree with Faye, she has an amazing voice listening to Over The Threshold and needs to show it off more!!
isabella
Yay so almost a year still :smile: I bet she'll go in April

She probably will. But its awesome its almost a year until she goes because she is awesome!! .. and dynamic.

Does that mean next CC will be in April? Or do you reckon there will be one before that??

xox
diamonddust
This.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually likes Alexia lol
Or at least I think I do from last time.

I think Alexia sounding young works for the first act but fails really badly during the second act but apparently she's worked on that and lowers the tone of her voice and stuff. My problem with Alexia is/was that she didn't hold those end notes and she was too damn squeaky!

And I really wish I'd seen Idina too! What would be amazing is if there was a one night only OLC show! I need to see Helen and it makes me sad I never will. Ooh just had an idea! Wicked in concert lol
Would probably never happen but it would be cool if it did because they could bring back 'the best' *ahem* people. :p:

I like alexia too :h:

Just got back from the queen thing and Kerry was unbelievable, Nora and Lisalou go see it in romsey :teeth:

I will review when I come down from my high a bit :ninja:
Reply 1785
Boq Dillamond
I love Ashleigh as much as the next man, but I don't think she could hack doing 8 shows a week. Even if you're not an Alexia fan, you can't deny that she is incredibly consistent. The number of times she called out during her first run you could count on your fingers!

I agree with this, Ashleigh has worse vocal technique than Teal Wicks. She literally yells and forces every high note and cracks a lot.
visa
I agree with this, Ashleigh has worse vocal technique than Teal Wicks. She literally yells and forces every high note and cracks a lot.

I disagree .. The day I saw her she did not crack at all and hit all the notes as far as I could hear. Then again everyone has their good and bad days!

What I didnt like about her, is the fact that her face was practically completely hidden behind the hat for the majority of the show - and I was sitting in the front row of stalls!!
letsdothetimewarpagain

Just got back from the queen thing and Kerry was unbelievable, Nora and Lisalou go see it in romsey :teeth:

I will review when I come down from my high a bit :ninja:

YAY .. and yes a review a review :woo: ... I may just have to buy our tickets now .. :yes:
Nora-FNE
What I didnt like about her, is the fact that her face was practically completely hidden behind the hat for the majority of the show - and I was sitting in the front row of stalls!!

I never got that when I saw her front row, I'm sure I wouldn't have thought so much of her acting if I couldn't see her face for half the show!
DanielWhit
I never got that when I saw her front row, I'm sure I wouldn't have thought so much of her acting if I couldn't see her face for half the show!

That came out in a weird way sorry - I meant where I think she has a smaller face compared to most other Elphaba's, the spotlights didnt quite reach over the rim of the hat and it appeared to cast a shadow over her face.

I could see the acting clearly and in my opinion she could take Kerry out in terms of acting quality any day ..
Nora-FNE
I could see the acting clearly and in my opinion she could take Kerry out in terms of acting quality any day ..

I don't think Ash is necessarily a better actor than Kerry (in fact I think the opposite), I just think that as a standby, her energy and enthusiasm levels were higher, and she put in a little more effort whenever she went on.
letsdothetimewarpagain

:biggrin: fab!! Faye, I'm thinking we go even if Kerry isn't there lol
Can't wait for the review :smile:

I dunno about the acting, I think I saw bits I preferred in both Kerry and Ashleigh's shows but I don't really pay attention to the acting, I'm still a bit like 'woah I can't believe I'm here again' everytime I see the show lol
I think Kerry can be a very good actress, though she sometimes doesn't get completely lost in the character, but when she's giving it some I certainly couldn't complain about her acting, she's not as immersed as Idina, Julia or Cassidy I found, but she's still very good.

Ashleigh I've always found to be a little bland acting wise, I find her Elphaba a little generic. And about her voice, there's a quality to it that makes me think the songs don't sit very comfortably for her, sort of like a quiver, I can never describe what I think properly when it comes to voices, hence the best word I can come up with comes out and I just hope people maybe get what I mean lol. That makes me wary of thinking she could manage the role full time. I wouldn't have been confident that Shona or Cassidy could have managed taking over full time in the role either, though that's not intended as a slight to them as performers by any means!
On Britain's Got Talent,they were singing a song from Wicked :smile:
isabella

I caught it as well.
isabella

Which song? I will watch it later but hey, I wouldn't mind hearing now!
If my memory serves me well it wasnt so long ago most people were slating Kerry for shoddy acting.... :erm: She makes up for it with her voice though if truth be told.

Just caught the BGT thing too :yes:
Boq Dillamond
I caught it as well.

Simon said that he hates that song.

It's not my favourite but i don't hate it :s-smilie:
isabella
Simon said that he hates that song.

It's not my favourite but i don't hate it :s-smilie:

What song is it? Eurovision's on in my house, my mum insists on watching it every year!
diamonddust
What song is it? Eurovision's on in my house, my mum insists on watching it every year!

Don't mock Eurovision! It's a chance for all of Europe to show each other just how bad they can be!

Anyway... I need to make this Wicked related, so let's ask the question - when is everyone next going?

Quick Reply

Latest