The Student Room Group

kingston VS greenwhich university

1)I recently had interviews for 2 uni's and i was rejected,my only option now is greenwich and kingston for primary Education(with QTS).

2)Which uni is better in terms of primary education.

3)can I reapply for those course that i got rejected too through clearing or UCAS Extra?
Original post by khatiya
1)I recently had interviews for 2 uni's and i was rejected,my only option now is greenwich and kingston for primary Education(with QTS).

3)can I reapply for those course that i got rejected too through clearing or UCAS Extra?

Hey Khatiya,

I am a current third year student studying history at the moment. Sorry to hear you was made unsuccessful by the 2 universities.

However in regards with in terms of which University is better I would say you come for an open day or a taster day with both Universities, there's few reasons why you should. One the campuses, each person has their own preferences when looking for a campus choice, I chose Greenwich above Queen Mary because I didn't like the campus of Queen Mary but I liked the campus of Greenwich and found it more comfortable for me. btw you will be based on the avery hill campus for primary education (QTS). Also second reason is you get to speak to the lecturers as well as current students who have experienced the course and hear their honest opinions about the course but also see their honest opinions about the modules.

Also with UCAS extra and Clearing, that is dependent on the University some universities do accept people via clearing again if they have been unsuccessful, however others do not. E.g. University of Greenwich do not accept students via clearing if you have initially been made unsuccessful via Main cycle then you will not be able to apply to us via clearing. So you should contact the University in that regard.

That's all I could think of at the moment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :biggrin:

Ahmed-Student Ambassador.
Hi Khatiya,

my name is Jess and I am a second year studying Primary Education at Greenwich! I am studying the 2 year degree (without QTS) so my course will differ from yours but I just wanted to tell you a bit about the Primary Education department in general.
Firstly, the staff and lecturers are all really helpful and experienced in their field. All of the lecturers I have had have previously been Primary school teachers for many years so its helpful to talk to them about their experiences. I have also found their marking and feedback on assessment to be helpful and they always return marks on time. Additionally it is very easy to make an appointment to speak to any member of staff to chat to them about the course or anything you may be struggling with.

I know a few students on the 3 year course and they have commented about the quality of the placements. Greenwich have good relationships with local schools and they said they always felt supported while on placements.
I have enjoyed my course and the 3 year programme is very popular. Greenwich has a good reputation for education and the department is well organised.

If you have any questions let me know :smile:
Jess
Original post by khatiya

Hi khatiya,

Congratulations on getting an offer from Kingston.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending