The Student Room Group

Is there a science GCSE which is just one exam only?

Any topic and any board. I have a C in science from ages a go but lost the paperwork so I was thinking I might see if I can just take the exam but really don't want to go to the bother of practicals etc...
The only answer you have here is no :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by skeptical_john
Any topic and any board. I have a C in science from ages a go but lost the paperwork so I was thinking I might see if I can just take the exam but really don't want to go to the bother of practicals etc...

If you take IGCSE then the whole thing is just 2 exams.
Reply 3

Yeah you can do this but it would mean that you would be re-taking that exam. TBH (To be honest) you would have to do more than one exams. Well it also depends when you did you first real science GCSE exam. Was it between 2013 to 2015? Otherwise the paper you did might not exist anymore for you to retake.
I hope you know that GCSE's are changing as well A levels.
I wish and hope you found my reply helpful!
P.S. If you going to retake you would have to pay for it yourself and if you are still in further education like sixth form (year 12/13) than you could request the college/school to pay for it.
Thanks,
Sanuma
Original post by Sanuma
Yeah you can do this but it would mean that you would be re-taking that exam. TBH (To be honest) you would have to do more than one exams. Well it also depends when you did you first real science GCSE exam. Was it between 2013 to 2015? Otherwise the paper you did might not exist anymore for you to retake.
I hope you know that GCSE's are changing as well A levels.
I wish and hope you found my reply helpful!
P.S. If you going to retake you would have to pay for it yourself and if you are still in further education like sixth form (year 12/13) than you could request the college/school to pay for it.
Thanks,
Sanuma

Thx for your reply. I did it around 10 years ago and the school does not even know the exam board so rather than requesting searches at £40 ea i thought this might be easier.
I am a bit of popular science fan at least with biology and physics anyway.

Original post by Compost
If you take IGCSE then the whole thing is just 2 exams.

Ill have a look at thay thx
Reply 5
Ill have a look at thay thx

I'm not sure there is a single Science IGCSE (but I could be wrong). You can take one from Biology, Chemistry or Physics or you can take Science (double award) which counts as 2 IGCSEs.http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/subjects/science.html

Quick Reply

Latest