Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any topic and any board. I have a C in science from ages a go but lost the paperwork so I was thinking I might see if I can just take the exam but really don't want to go to the bother of practicals etc...

ReputationRep:
    The only answer you have here is no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeptical_john)
    Any topic and any board. I have a C in science from ages a go but lost the paperwork so I was thinking I might see if I can just take the exam but really don't want to go to the bother of practicals etc...
    If you take IGCSE then the whole thing is just 2 exams.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can do this but it would mean that you would be re-taking that exam. TBH (To be honest) you would have to do more than one exams. Well it also depends when you did you first real science GCSE exam. Was it between 2013 to 2015? Otherwise the paper you did might not exist anymore for you to retake.
    I hope you know that GCSE's are changing as well A levels.
    I wish and hope you found my reply helpful!
    P.S. If you going to retake you would have to pay for it yourself and if you are still in further education like sixth form (year 12/13) than you could request the college/school to pay for it.
    Thanks,
    Sanuma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanuma)
    Yeah you can do this but it would mean that you would be re-taking that exam. TBH (To be honest) you would have to do more than one exams. Well it also depends when you did you first real science GCSE exam. Was it between 2013 to 2015? Otherwise the paper you did might not exist anymore for you to retake.
    I hope you know that GCSE's are changing as well A levels.
    I wish and hope you found my reply helpful!
    P.S. If you going to retake you would have to pay for it yourself and if you are still in further education like sixth form (year 12/13) than you could request the college/school to pay for it.
    Thanks,
    Sanuma
    Thx for your reply. I did it around 10 years ago and the school does not even know the exam board so rather than requesting searches at £40 ea i thought this might be easier.
    I am a bit of popular science fan at least with biology and physics anyway.

(Original post by Compost)
    If you take IGCSE then the whole thing is just 2 exams.
    Ill have a look at thay thx

ReputationRep:
    Ill have a look at thay thx
    I'm not sure there is a single Science IGCSE (but I could be wrong). You can take one from Biology, Chemistry or Physics or you can take Science (double award) which counts as 2 IGCSEs.http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...s/science.html

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.