The Student Room Group

Are the PMT (physics maths and tutor) notes, flashcards and past papers good

Guys are the PMT (physics maths and tutor) notes, flashcards and past papers good and real, i mean are they all updated and good to use for GCSE revision?
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Guys are the PMT (physics maths and tutor) notes, flashcards and past papers good and real, i mean are they all updated and good to use for GCSE revision?

yess they are really good, I basically just used these for revision and got 9-8 in combined science and 8 in maths :smile:

PMT is EPIC, they have been so useful for me for science, english and geography especially. I 100% recommend it
PMT is absolutely amazing. They work really well for A-Levels and GCSEs. I personally use the detailed notes a lot. Flash cards are not my thing so I've never used it. They also have lots of past papers, which is extremely useful during exam seasons.
Reply 4
Original post by *LifeHappens*
PMT is EPIC, they have been so useful for me for science, english and geography especially. I 100% recommend it

Oh ok Thank you what about the paper 3 content im not able to open that can you? As Im studying for my GCSE indipendently I need revision for paper 3 and you the field stuff
Can u HELP

yes 1000%
Oh ok Thank you what about the paper 3 content im not able to open that can you? As Im studying for my GCSE indipendently I need revision for paper 3 and you the field stuff
Can u HELP

If you're talking about geography, I agree I can't open it either. Here is a link I found that is helpful:
https://www.savemyexams.com/gcse/geography/aqa/18/

Try timeforgeography, cool geography and bbc bitesize too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qpXqmA0hs

This is just one yt channel, but there might be more for aqa paper 3
Reply 7
Original post by *LifeHappens*
If you're talking about geography, I agree I can't open it either. Here is a link I found that is helpful:
https://www.savemyexams.com/gcse/geography/aqa/18/

Try timeforgeography, cool geography and bbc bitesize too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qpXqmA0hs

This is just one yt channel, but there might be more for aqa paper 3

You know if you do Geography GCSE AQA at school you go to a field trip as well which you will have to talk about paper 3 what can i do to prepare as Im studying at home.
You know if you do Geography GCSE AQA at school you go to a field trip as well which you will have to talk about paper 3 what can i do to prepare as Im studying at home.

I'm afraid I don't do AQA for geography, however I would suggest you go over any notes or resources you got from school during the field trip. You can also look at past papers to see if any questions cover this.

If you have notes and resources, I would recommend turning them into questions and answers, so they prepare you for the exam.

no and yes.
Detailed notes? Yes they cover most of the content however they sometimes go outside the spec and sometimes miss the spec.
Flashcards? Yes if your exam is in a month, if not, make your own flashcards. That's one load of revision making them, and then you can also control the exact hitting spec part cus the flashcards are like the detailed notes, hit or miss spec, but hit 80% of the time making them good enough for a class test, but for gcses, make your own.
Past papers/Past questions per topic? YES YES YES YES theyre the most bril ever taken from real exam papers from your board so yes yes yes use them as your one and only source of answering qs especially per topic ones
ALSO IM TALKIN AB SCIENCE idk ab other subjects
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by average_human
yess they are really good, I basically just used these for revision and got 9-8 in combined science and 8 in maths :smile:

how would you reccomend revision for the sciences? Because I can see that they are amazing resources I just dont really know how to get around using them.
Original post by average_human

Hi thats amazing well done on those grades. I am aimin for about an 8-7 And I see that PMT has amazing resources I just don't really know how to go about using them. Do you think you could give me some advice?
Original post by Oscarb1123
Hi thats amazing well done on those grades. I am aimin for about an 8-7 And I see that PMT has amazing resources I just don't really know how to go about using them. Do you think you could give me some advice?

I used seneca a lot to practice, then when i was confident i did the past paper questions on PMT

I also used the notes PMT has to make flashcards and mindmaps as well

I personally use PMT for Poetry annotations, I've found it quite useful!

Quick Reply

Latest