The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Student Accommodation 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Yes, same. But I'm still waiting on Bristol, so I can't firm it just yet.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
I applied for my accommodation and chose the studio at Murano for one of my preferences but on the conformation email it missed it off, putting 'N/A, N/A, N/A, £0.00' in its place, now when i review my application i only have 4 choices instead of 5. I would have thought that if we weren't able pick it, it wouldn't give us the option (assuming thats why it was taken off my application).
Original post by Uke_Kate
Does anyone know what Sugarhouse Close and Portsburgh Court are actually like? I'm struggling to find reviews for them but I really like the look of them.

I would like to know this too! Particularly Sugarhouse Close - bit in love with the aesthetics of it, but don't know what it's generally like - social or not?
Dilemma ive got at the moment is whether to go for some of the more modern halls that are further out (abbeyhill etc) or older ones that are closer to Central campus area like darroch court - anyone else struggling with this? Any advice from current students?
Original post by robertoo3
Dilemma ive got at the moment is whether to go for some of the more modern halls that are further out (abbeyhill etc) or older ones that are closer to Central campus area like darroch court - anyone else struggling with this? Any advice from current students?

Abbeyhill isn't that far out, it's actually one of the closest new accommodations the university offers (compared to Murano and Shrubhill) and it's brand new. Would recommend you go for age rather than location. Although, Abbeyhill is very similar to Canal Point (a private student accommodation owned by the same company) and it's right beside the uni.
Original post by danielcormack98
Is Abbeybill a convenient location, in terms of distance, from the accommodation to George Square? How far would it be to walk? I'm just curious as I'm weighing up which accomodation to choose at present.

George Square is about 15-20mins walk or 10 if you are late for a lecture.
Who else is having issues with the myAccomodation page on the MyEd site? Mine says "Sorry - no information has been found for your record" but I firmed Edinburgh yesterday - is this just a matter of time? How long after firming did it open for other people?
Who else is having issues with the myAccomodation page on the MyEd site? Mine says "Sorry - no information has been found for your record" but I firmed Edinburgh yesterday - is this just a matter of time? How long after firming did it open for other people?

This is happening with mine too. I really want to apply for accommodation as soon as possible.
Original post by Kel.Norman
This is happening with mine too. I really want to apply for accommodation as soon as possible.

When did you put Edinburgh as your firm?
When did you put Edinburgh as your firm?

Yesterday, so probably not long after yours?
Original post by Kel.Norman
Yesterday, so probably not long after yours?

Hmm hopefully it's just a time thing then :/
Where you thinking of applying for?
Hmm hopefully it's just a time thing then :/
Where you thinking of applying for?

yeah hopefully :/ I'm not really sure which ones to apply for, we can choose 5 right? I'm thinking self-catered.
What about you?
Yeah I think it's 5 and I'm going self catered too, I really like the look of some of the more modern ones so hopefully a few of those that aren't too far away from it all haha
Yeah I think it's 5 and I'm going self catered too, I really like the look of some of the more modern ones so hopefully a few of those that aren't too far away from it all haha

Yeah the modern ones look really nice, Sugarhouse looks quite good, but it does seem to be really popular so the places might all go soon.
Mine still isn't letting me do anything, what about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Is the accommodation based on first come first serve?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CristinaOS
Does anyone know if Warrender Park Crescent is mainly for postgraduates???

I'm asking because I'm an undergraduate(future) and I don't know how I'd feel about living with people that are much older( different age and also different level).

From the way I understand it, it is only for undergrads. That's what I got from the website.
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Is the accommodation based on first come first serve?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I gathered at the offer holder day it's not - everyone has the same chance of getting in everywhere no matter when they apply I think so like if they have 40% of people applied for accomodation they'll only fill 40% of the rooms in each place
Any postgrads firmed their choices yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anybody know how long the contracts are roughly for accommodation (i.e. over how many weeks/months do we pay installments of lease)?
Original post by fuzzedshadow
does anybody know how long the contracts are roughly for accommodation (i.e. over how many weeks/months do we pay installments of lease)?

I just applied for mine and they said that you can do a 9 month contract and you would pay monthly installments for 7 months.
But there are other options as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending