Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Slaughter and May: Post-Interview Response Time? watch

ReputationRep:
    I had a TC interview for the above mentioned law firm last week. I read somewhere online - think it was the comment section on 'wikijob' - that successful candidates hear back within 3 days of the interview. Since its been a week in my case, can I presume that my application has been unsuccessful?

I wasn't well around the time of the interview (I'm still not), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if I received a rejection, I just wanted to know if I can be pretty confident on that account?

ReputationRep:
    I think it says on their website that they get back to everyone so there's no rejection by silence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Elliott)
    I think it says on their website that they get back to everyone so there's no rejection by silence.
    Oh I'm sure they'll get back, I was only fishing to see if anyone knew for certain if offers are given out within three days of the interview, as I read elsewhere, or if this is just a rumour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smurf67)
    Oh I'm sure they'll get back, I was only fishing to see if anyone knew for certain if offers are given out within three days of the interview, as I read elsewhere, or if this is just a rumour
    Hii, so how long did it take in the end for them to respond to u after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheekypig)
    Hii, so how long did it take in the end for them to respond to u after the interview?
    Hey, eight days

If you have any other questions, please feel free to drop me a PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smurf67)
    I had a TC interview for the above mentioned law firm last week. I read somewhere online - think it was the comment section on 'wikijob' - that successful candidates hear back within 3 days of the interview. Since its been a week in my case, can I presume that my application has been unsuccessful?

I wasn't well around the time of the interview (I'm still not), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if I received a rejection, I just wanted to know if I can be pretty confident on that account?
    Smurf67 which uni did you go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duck10101)
    Smurf67 which uni did you go to?
    I attended a Russel group university, but not Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    This is not true - I didn't hear back for two weeks, but did get a training contract.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.