The Student Room Group

Slaughter and May: Post-Interview Response Time?

I had a TC interview for the above mentioned law firm last week. I read somewhere online - think it was the comment section on 'wikijob' - that successful candidates hear back within 3 days of the interview. Since its been a week in my case, can I presume that my application has been unsuccessful?

I wasn't well around the time of the interview (I'm still not), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if I received a rejection, I just wanted to know if I can be pretty confident on that account?
I think it says on their website that they get back to everyone so there's no rejection by silence.
Reply 2
Original post by Tom_Elliott
I think it says on their website that they get back to everyone so there's no rejection by silence.

Oh I'm sure they'll get back, I was only fishing to see if anyone knew for certain if offers are given out within three days of the interview, as I read elsewhere, or if this is just a rumour :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Smurf67
Oh I'm sure they'll get back, I was only fishing to see if anyone knew for certain if offers are given out within three days of the interview, as I read elsewhere, or if this is just a rumour :smile:

Hii, so how long did it take in the end for them to respond to u after the interview? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by cheekypig
Hii, so how long did it take in the end for them to respond to u after the interview? :smile:

Hey, eight days :smile:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to drop me a PM.
Original post by Smurf67
I had a TC interview for the above mentioned law firm last week. I read somewhere online - think it was the comment section on 'wikijob' - that successful candidates hear back within 3 days of the interview. Since its been a week in my case, can I presume that my application has been unsuccessful?

I wasn't well around the time of the interview (I'm still not), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if I received a rejection, I just wanted to know if I can be pretty confident on that account?

@Smurf67 which uni did you go to?
Reply 6
Original post by Duck10101
@Smurf67 which uni did you go to?

I attended a Russel group university, but not Oxbridge.
Reply 7
This is not true - I didn't hear back for two weeks, but did get a training contract.
Reply 8
Did they get back to you by post/email/phone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending