The Student Room Group

Dwp EO decision making reserve list 2023

Hi!
I’ve been put on the reserve list a month after my interview which was in February. I thought the interview went quite well I scored 6, 6, 5, 7 on the behaviours, 14 on the strength questions and 7 on my personal statement during application.
Overall score of 38.
Just wondering if everyone gets put on a reserve list? What is the overall score out of?
Sorry it’s my first time being put on a reserve list for CS not sure how well I’ve done.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
(edited 1 year ago)
Well done - those scores are incredible! Behaviours are scored out of 7 and strengths out of 4. You'll find a 6 and 7 are rarely given out.

The overall score is what you got out of all the points available at interview (e.g. if you were asked 4 strength questions and 4 behaviour questions, you got 38 out of a possible 44).

Reserve lists vary depending on the job and number of places, but they basically mean you have met the standard for the job and it can be a case of others scored higher. Sometimes everyone is reserve listed then they send out offers, other times you can be offered a job or rejected without being reserve listed. Reserve lists are really commonly used for DWP roles and I know people who have been called off the list for jobs.
Reply 2
Original post by Still-Screen
Well done - those scores are incredible! Behaviours are scored out of 7 and strengths out of 4. You'll find a 6 and 7 are rarely given out.

The overall score is what you got out of all the points available at interview (e.g. if you were asked 4 strength questions and 4 behaviour questions, you got 38 out of a possible 44).

Reserve lists vary depending on the job and number of places, but they basically mean you have met the standard for the job and it can be a case of others scored higher. Sometimes everyone is reserve listed then they send out offers, other times you can be offered a job or rejected without being reserve listed. Reserve lists are really commonly used for DWP roles and I know people who have been called off the list for jobs.

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, I forgot to mention there are 50 posts for this vacancy.
Not sure if that’s high and is the reason for the reserve list?
Also, I’m struggling to work out what the overall score is out of bcos I was only asked 2 strength based questions at interview and if they were out of 4 each why would I score 14?
I really want to know what the overall score is out of LOL
I scored 38 overall but I don’t think it’s out of 44 bcos I was only asked 2 strength questions. I’m thinking maybe they used my personal statement marks too but you said it’s only from the interview so I’m really confused haha
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by AB291
Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, I forgot to mention there are 50 posts for this vacancy.
Not sure if that’s high and is the reason for the reserve list?
Also, I’m struggling to work out what the overall score is out of bcos I was only asked 2 strength based questions at interview and if they were out of 4 each why would I score 14?
I really want to know what the overall score is out of LOL
I scored 38 overall but I don’t think it’s out of 44 bcos I was only asked 2 strength questions. I’m thinking maybe they used my personal statement marks too but you said it’s only from the interview so I’m really confused haha

Hello,

can I ask did you hear anything back from being on the reserve list and if so how long it took? Thanks
Original post by Bth123
Hello,

can I ask did you hear anything back from being on the reserve list and if so how long it took? Thanks

I was on this reserve list and was offered the role in May!
Reply 5
Original post by username2553815
I was on this reserve list and was offered the role in May!

Hi, how long did you wait for a response when you were on the reserved list? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending