The Student Room Group

do colleges send all interview invites on the same day?

hi guys, i was wandering if oxford colleges send out all their interview decisions on the same day (at least for the same subject) or if they stagger it and send emails individually. when you look at those spreadsheets from previous years it looks like colleges send out decisions at the same time for the same subject, but i remember last year at my school (im a post a level applicant) people were getting emails for the same subject and college at different times.
Original post by Anonymous
hi guys, i was wandering if oxford colleges send out all their interview decisions on the same day (at least for the same subject) or if they stagger it and send emails individually. when you look at those spreadsheets from previous years it looks like colleges send out decisions at the same time for the same subject, but i remember last year at my school (im a post a level applicant) people were getting emails for the same subject and college at different times.

Yeah I do believe that they send it at different times but they should always do it within the same day.
Has anyone been invited to an interview? I heard that you will be notified by the college, when they receive your application in Octber- I haven´t got a message yet- is that a bad sign?
Reply 3
Has anyone been invited to an interview? I heard that you will be notified by the college, when they receive your application in Octber- I haven´t got a message yet- is that a bad sign?

no, i know for a fact that interview decisions DO NOT come out in october. they are all announced mid-late november. what you should have received by the end of october is an email from the college you applied to which just confirms that they have received your application and are currently considering it, as well as information on how to submit written work if you need to. this email IS NOT an interview invitation - its just a confirmation that they have your application. since it is now november 3, i would say email the college you applied to asking if they have received your application (inlude ucas id obv) because it may be a technical error which needs fixing e.g they don't have your email/your application didn't go through or something like that.

I didn't get told I had an interview until the end of November

That's rubbish. I was invited to interview in late November I think and everyone else I know who applied was too.
no, i know for a fact that interview decisions DO NOT come out in october. they are all announced mid-late november. what you should have received by the end of october is an email from the college you applied to which just confirms that they have received your application and are currently considering it, as well as information on how to submit written work if you need to. this email IS NOT an interview invitation - its just a confirmation that they have your application. since it is now november 3, i would say email the college you applied to asking if they have received your application (inlude ucas id obv) because it may be a technical error which needs fixing e.g they don't have your email/your application didn't go through or something like that.

Hi, thanks for the quick response!
I was contacted by the Admissions Office that I´ve been allocated to a college , however, I have not received any mail from that college, stating that they are considering my application. Do you think I should contact them?

not at all, it depends on what course you applied for, some colleges may respond to you only if you have been shortlisted for an interview, otherwise, all the communication goes through the main faculty. however, this only applies to SOME courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending