The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Insufficient academic profile

Hi, I applied for queen mary university to study law and they replied to me with a reason of insufficient academic profile. I do not know what this specifically means and I will appreciate anyone further clarifying this for me.
Original post by Subzer009
Hi, I applied for queen mary university to study law and they replied to me with a reason of insufficient academic profile. I do not know what this specifically means and I will appreciate anyone further clarifying this for me.

I d guess either you dont meet their entry requirements or you did but have lower grades than other applicants this year, best to contact them yourself to find out
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Just a mean term to say that your grades are probably too low, compared to what they accept or to other candidates that have applied.. Sorry.

But maybe you can still fight back.. letter with good arguments.. I don't know
Reply 3
Original post by The Joker ~
Just a mean term to say that your grades are probably too low, compared to what they accept or to other candidates that have applied.. Sorry.

But maybe you can still fight back.. letter with good arguments.. I don't know

Well I know I met their entry requirements plus I'm doing an extra a level. So in a way I'm working more harder than other level students doing three a levels. In addition I achieved a b in as and planning to retake a module to achieve a full a. So yeah I will see what I can do.

Hiya OP :h:

Sorry to hear about this. I've gone ahead and moved your thread over to Queen Mary's official section in the hope you get some more responses. I hope this gets ironed out for you and all the best with everything!

Ethan :h:
Well I know I met their entry requirements plus I'm doing an extra a level. So in a way I'm working more harder than other level students doing three a levels. In addition I achieved a b in as and planning to retake a module to achieve a full a. So yeah I will see what I can do.

Having a set academic level is one thing, but motivation and indicating that you have the drive to excel counts too. So work on that letter or meet an admissions counsellor to fight your case.
Reply 6
Original post by The Joker ~
Having a set academic level is one thing, but motivation and indicating that you have the drive to excel counts too. So work on that letter or meet an admissions counsellor to fight your case.

The thing is I have a deep passion for the subject. I have worked in a court aswell for work experience. Plus I'm sure I have mentioned how much this course means to me and what it could do to my career. Anyway's I'll see what I can do.
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
I d guess either you dont meet their entry requirements or you did but have lower grades than other applicants this year, best to contact them yourself to find out

I did contact them however they said it was to do with my gcse's. I know I did well with achieving plenty of a's and b's and an a* in english. They then said based on the whole application they refused it. Therefore I was frustrated as I dont know exactly what they found less appealing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending