The Student Room Group

Computer Science at UCL

I recently applied to UCL for their Computer Science course. I am predicted A*A*A and achieved 99998888866 at GCSE. I found out I am eligible for their Access UCL scheme due to my circumstances which would give me a contextual offer of A*AB if I am successful in getting an offer. I think my application and personal statement is good as well as I have already gotten 3 offers from Univeristy of Birmingham, Southampton and Nottingham. Do I have a good chance of getting an offer?
i was wondering when did you send your application and has UCL sent you a confirmation email that they have received your application? I applied to UCL too (for a different course), and it has been 2 weeks and I haven't received any confirmation email.
Reply 2
Original post by Cupcake2004_
i was wondering when did you send your application and has UCL sent you a confirmation email that they have received your application? I applied to UCL too (for a different course), and it has been 2 weeks and I haven't received any confirmation email.

I applied at the start of October and received a confirmation email with login details
Reply 3
Original post by chisom9
I recently applied to UCL for their Computer Science course. I am predicted A*A*A and achieved 99998888866 at GCSE. I found out I am eligible for their Access UCL scheme due to my circumstances which would give me a contextual offer of A*AB if I am successful in getting an offer. I think my application and personal statement is good as well as I have already gotten 3 offers from Univeristy of Birmingham, Southampton and Nottingham. Do I have a good chance of getting an offer?

Depends how strong your personal statement is - books/articles read, courses, programming languages learned, projects, research, work experience.
Most likely, the vast majority of applicants to the programme meet their grade requirements, so the grades are just the first filter. The acceptance rate is 12%, so they do not have enough places for everyone who meets their grades requirements, and they further select on the additional information you provide in your personal statement.
UCL seems to be notoriously slow in giving offers, and last 2 years the offers for CS only started coming in late March.
Reply 4
Original post by blluefish
Depends how strong your personal statement is - books/articles read, courses, programming languages learned, projects, research, work experience.
Most likely, the vast majority of applicants to the programme meet their grade requirements, so the grades are just the first filter. The acceptance rate is 12%, so they do not have enough places for everyone who meets their grades requirements, and they further select on the additional information you provide in your personal statement.
UCL seems to be notoriously slow in giving offers, and last 2 years the offers for CS only started coming in late March.

And congratulations on getting all those offers already! At least you will not be waiting for UCL decision with empty hands.
Original post by chisom9
I applied at the start of October and received a confirmation email with login details

okay thanks for letting me know
Reply 6
Original post by chisom9

The efficacy of your application hinges upon the robustness of your personal statement, encompassing elements such as the breadth of literature and articles assimilated, undertaken courses, proficiency in programming languages, executed projects, engaged research, and accrued work experience. It is probable that a substantial portion of program aspirants satisfies the stipulated academic criteria, rendering grades merely the preliminary sieving criterion. The program's admission rate stands at a mere 12%, suggesting an insufficiency of available slots to accommodate all meeting the academic requisites. Consequently, the selection process extends beyond grades, scrutinizing the supplemental information encapsulated within your personal statement.
UCL, by reputation, appears to exhibit a proclivity for protracted decision-making, particularly evident in the domain of extending offers. Over the past two years, notifications for the Computer Science program materialized only belatedly, commencing in the latter part of March.
Original post by johney12
The efficacy of your application hinges upon the robustness of your personal statement, encompassing elements such as the breadth of literature and articles assimilated, undertaken courses, proficiency in programming languages, executed projects, engaged research, and accrued work experience. It is probable that a substantial portion of program aspirants satisfies the stipulated academic criteria, rendering grades merely the preliminary sieving criterion. The program's admission rate stands at a mere 12%, suggesting an insufficiency of available slots to accommodate all meeting the academic requisites. Consequently, the selection process extends beyond grades, scrutinizing the supplemental information encapsulated within your personal statement.
UCL, by reputation, appears to exhibit a proclivity for protracted decision-making, particularly evident in the domain of extending offers. Over the past two years, notifications for the Computer Science program materialized only belatedly, commencing in the latter part of March.

😂🤣🤣 nice one
Original post by chisom9

What A Levels are you taking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending